Your Favorite Excercises for a Bodypart (s)

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
What's up guys and gals. Ragnar here, of the current ongoing ment diaries. This topic interests me due possibly getting some new ideas for hitting a muscle. This is for excercises that when you do them you can almost literally feel that muscle growing as you perform them. There's a few for me. Body weight pull ups makes my whole upper half of my back feel like it's going to explode. For triceps the standing one arm dumbbell behind the neck triceps extension I feel like has put a lot of mass on my inner long head. I have some others that I'll save for conversation

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Triceps : dip machine
Hams: deadlifts
Quads: front squats
Back: rows
Shoulders: military presses.
Glutes: hip thrusts/bridges

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chest: DB Incline Press
Back: Weighted Pull Ups
also: DB Incline Rows or Yates Rows (need to row too)
Delts: DB Lateral Raises
Traps: Hammer Strength Shrugs
Triceps: Weighted Dips
Biceps: Straight Barbell Curls
Quads: Front Squats
Hamstrings: Romanian Deadlifts
Calves: Standing Calf Machine

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Nice guys. You with the weighted pull UPS. Props I want that ability so badly. I'm getting there. Actually, might be able to start it now but I wanted to be able to get 20 first, maybe too long of a wait to start that? I'm at 3 sets of 15 now of bodyweight ones. Unicorn you reminded me of glutes because before doing this particular machine I didn't have the striations going up the outside of both glutes. It's the machine where you lay on stomach and you kick back the weight like your trying to kick someone behind you. But of course I use only my glute to move the weight.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Unicorn you reminded me of glutes because before doing this particular machine I didn't have the striations going up the outside of both glutes. It's the machine where you lay on stomach and you kick back the weight like your trying to kick someone behind you. But of course I use only my glute to move the weight.
I know but machine you're talking about. I love that machine however my current Gym doesn't have that one. Saaad

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The high and low pullies are the most versatile with various bars and handles.

However. That said. The flat bench is just classic if not obsolete.

Recently used a bicep isolation machine. It was insane.

Fitfactory

Fitfactory

Awards
For legs, I love rear foot elevated barbell split squats and reverse barbell lunges. I much prefer single leg work due to a back injury which allows me to work legs hard without loading the spine

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Reverse barbell lunges? So lunges with barbell but walking backwards with it? That just feels really difficult even saying it. Which means to me, it's awesome due to its level of difficulty.

Fitfactory

Fitfactory

Awards
I don't do them walking, but that might be a great idea to try, haha.
I don't have enough posts to post a link, but search YouTube for barbell reverse lunges and you'll see how to do them. I've also done them holding the barbell like a front squat

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Arnold db press had really added size to my delts.

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Which part of the delts would you say the Arnold press has put the most size on for you ? Front, Side or Rear?

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
I know this sounds stupid to ask but id rather ask so that i know what those mean in the future. Does that mean side and rear delts?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I know this sounds stupid to ask but id rather ask so that i know what those mean in the future. Does that mean side and rear delts?
Haha yes. Medial (median...middle), posterior (post, after, behind, rear)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For me:

Back- hammer strength low rows

Rear delts- cable flys laying on a yoga ball (courtesy of breezy11) or destroyer sets

Legs- hockey and back squats

Triceps and chest - give me tips ha.

Traps and biceps- Mother Nature ;)

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Oh yeah those hammer low rows are nice I like those. Thanks for the education in the delt words boon. Other bro for triceps especially the long head, I love and it's added a lot of triceps mass standing dumbell single arm behind the neck extensions. Make sure you allow the dumbell to go all the way down the back of your neck and make sure your elbow is pointed straight up to the ceiling and make sure your shoulder to elbow part of your arm is straight up and down not angled at all. Yes all these things will at first make you use less weight but very quickly the weights and the triceps both will grow. At least for me they did. Check some of my tricep pics you'll see what I mean.

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Traps I like plate shrugs super settled with dumbell shrugs. I'll do max weight with dumbells and then immediately pick up 45 plates on both sides of me and do till failure. Shoulders to ears, none of this bouncing momentum crap except maybe the last 2 or so of course in the sets to get to utmost positive failure.

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Ok guys I'm not aware of these names. Like I just imagined a bat who like fruit. What is that excercise bro? I'm totally confused.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Sorry mate name's odd because I made it up and here in OZ we have giant bats that eat fruit. Probably has another name I'm unfamiliar with. To describe. Hang upside down by curling my legs round a chinup bar and grab a weighted barbell or have a spotter hand it to you. Keep arms extended and swing barbell upwards towards torso. Lower and repeat. Essentially it's just a freeweight upside down lat pressdown yet I feel it much more in the lats. Good for blood flow to the brain too. Don't forget to breathe and try not to land on your head.

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Whoa, whoa, I'm sure this is great but I'm not gonna be hanging upside down. I will say for those who love hanging upside down this excercise sounds great for gains.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Whoa, whoa, I'm sure this is great but I'm not gonna be hanging upside down.
Lol. I see certain immediate death in my future if I were to attempt this

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry mate name's odd because I made it up and here in OZ we have giant bats that eat fruit. Probably has another name I'm unfamiliar with. To describe. Hang upside down by curling my legs round a chinup bar and grab a weighted barbell or have a spotter hand it to you. Keep arms extended and swing barbell upwards towards torso. Lower and repeat. Essentially it's just a freeweight upside down lat pressdown yet I feel it much more in the lats. Good for blood flow to the brain too. Don't forget to breathe and try not to land on your head.
Hahaha this sounds like an awful crossfit exercise that someone died doing.

I'll stick to normal pulldowns...

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been doing a lot of deadlifts the past 6 months. I feel my upper back/traps have really put on some mass.

For biceps, I get a super intense contraction when I do lying overhead cable curls.

Crush grip DB bench makes my chest want to explode.

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
For me:

Back- hammer strength low rows

Rear delts- cable flys laying on a yoga ball (courtesy of breezy11) or destroyer sets

Legs- hockey and back squats

Triceps and chest - give me tips ha.

Traps and biceps- Mother Nature ;)
U also get that huge quad pump after hockey?