Weird feeling in my bicep during deadlift and reverse grip row

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
It's been two saturdays (my back/biceps day) that I feel kind of a "pinch" in my left bicep. First happened during reverse barbell row, and today during deadlift. I still finished both workouts, but felt some overall "tightness" around the pinch area.

I felt it exactly where they usually pinch you for blood tests, which I guess is where the tendon is.

Is this something I should be worried about? I'm for sure ditching mixed grip on deadlifts and going back to standard grip, and switching to regular barbell row (even if I feel reverse way more).

Wondering if I should get checked or just let it rest. Thanks for your time guys!

PS: could it be because of X-Gels making my joints a bit weaker? Doubt it, but worth to ask.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is it hurting at all between training days or just when you work the bicep directly?

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Is it hurting at all between training days or just when you work the bicep directly?
Today I'm feeling a bit stiff around that area, like if it's contracted, but when I train biceps I don't have issues. I did train biceps afterwards and felt no issues.

briandward1

Awards
You probably yank too hard on the bar when deadlifting causing too much stress. And reverse grip bb rows out a whole lot of stress on the bicep relative to a pronated grip. Make sure you are only flexing your arms and not pulling with them on your deads and try doing regular ol' barbell rows.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
bighulksmash Anabolics 23
Anabolics 4
DerickVonD Training Forum 4
adampl2t Cycle Logs 7