Full Body Vs 5 day split for Hypertrophy

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Hey guys, I've been doing lots of research lately on high frequency (full body 3-6x a week) and science says this sort of training is the most effective. However if that's the case than why do all bodybuilders follow a 5-6 day split, even underdeveloped guys that aren't in the IFBB (taking out the objection that highly trained people do because of specific muscle shaping). I'm going to be trying to add mass for a few months and would like to know people experience with these two kinds of programs and if they saw better or worse gains?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
As I know what you plan to run while doing this...

Do 2 lifts a day
Full body pump session and a dedicated group lift later

As you aren't a beginner anymore I doubt you will see much difference assuming you plan out either route well

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've recently started Scott Stevenson's Fortitude Training which is a high frequency program. I can honestly say this has been the most efficient training I've ever done. I went from training everyday to 4 times a week and now with the intensity and frequency of this program I can't even imagine training more than that, I would even say I might be cutting it down to three days a week at some point.

HardCore1

HardCore1

Awards
I've recently started Scott Stevenson's Fortitude Training which is a high frequency program. I can honestly say this has been the most efficient training I've ever done. I went from training everyday to 4 times a week and now with the intensity and frequency of this program I can't even imagine training more than that, I would even say I might be cutting it down to three days a week at some point.
This looks pretty damn impressive. I may give this a shot!

HardCore1

HardCore1

Awards
A solid 3 day total body routine is great for a particular reason imo. If you have difficulties eating enough food or time restraints a three day per week routine will do wonders for you. I don't believe heavily and overtraining but I do believe heavily in people not recovering properly. If you're not a big eater consistently and if you're not supplementing properly a five-day day per week routine may be way too tough on your body. Which I believe is why lots of people don't generally get the results working out 4 to 6 days a week as they would doing total body 3 days a week. Just my opinion and what's also work for me. Fat burning wise you will lose more fat working out four to six days per week depending on intensity of course.