Eating before training?

1. Eating before training?

I usually eat carbs and fats before cycling and lifting weight as I feel I have more energy than not eating.... 1 hour before training

Do you eat before going training?
    What do you eat?

2. I train fasted every morning and eat Porridge with some protein powder 1-1.5 hours before my evening session
    •   

3. Completely fasted, feel better, lighter and more energy!

4. I did that yesterday and it felt great.
    VEIN NUTRITION - PREMIUM BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS
    CLICK ME > VEIN NUTRITION : USE "JUST410" for 10% OFF
    IG: @VeinNutrition

5. I can't seem to eat anything within an hour of training, gives me wicked heartburn during, even a protein shake.
    •   

6. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me.... Other factors are so much more noticeable and critical for me.

7. Exercise can trigger heartburn if the LES muscle (the lower esophageal sphincter) is weak or too relaxed, and food or stomach acid "burps" back up from your stomach into your esophagus.
    I'm going to try baking soda pre-workout to fix my reflux. Heard there's other benefits to it too.

8. I could never train hard on a full stomach! I used to hit the gym early morning fasted and not eat until an hour after leaving and it was fine. I felt good for the day. Now I have had to change that up and workout in the evening after my meals all day, still not bad. To me I dont see a big difference as long as I dont eat right before a workout. Trying to go hard on a full stomach makes my food want to come back up.

9. I usually train fasted because I go early in the morning. I just started to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, about 1 hour before I get to the gym. I haven't notice much difference yet, but I am not really eating to better my performance. I'm eating early to get all my calories in for the day
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative✯Use code MARK30 to save 30% on All Hi-Tech Parma Companies,APSNutrition,ALRIndu stries,LG Sciences,Hi-Tech Pharma,FormutechNutrition,Ifor ce Nutrition

10. Lately I have been using Karbolyn pre-workout when I train in the morning. I find a low-fat carb meal 1.5-2 hours pre-workout usually does me well.

Anything besides karbolyn (or any other carb product) just sits in my stomach and lingers

11. I started training fasted as part of the cut I've been on, but after my body adjusted to fasting/training fasted I have found I have much more energy during workouts. I will take 5 grams of glutamine preworkout if I am going to be doing intense exercise in theory that it will help prevent muscle loss. A friend of mine says it will be converted to carbs and not to, but I figure it's only 20 calories so even if that is the case I'll burn right through it and go back to fat as my source of energy.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    It doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me.... Other factors are so much more noticeable and critical for me.
    Same here though eating smaller more frequent meals through the day means I'm never really full with food anyway. Never noticed a benefit carb loading before a workout or training fasted. I do find what I do the day prior to my workout is much more critical to workout performance. A good night sleep, staying well hydrated and ingesting lots of healthy foods usually makes for a great workout every time.

13. I tend to eat cream of rice with protein an hour or so before working out in the afternoon, but may need to try training fasted in the morning since so many seem to prefer it.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  14. Eating before training?

Oats with cinnamon, apple slices with peanut butter works for me. I cannot lift on an empty stomach
  15. Eating before training?

1/2 cup oats with a big scoop of peanut butter at 7am. Gym at 8. I feel way too weak with no food in me. Pumps seem better after carbs too.

16. I train at 6AM. I do 6oz of black coffee, 4 BCAA caps and one apple. I tried eating and never felt right, always felt full.

17. I do a bowl of oatmeal, and a banana before workout..

18. I've been using Carb 10 from MTS and have been really enjoying it. Makes everything you mix with it sweeter, which is a plus. No stomach issues like in Karbolyn

19. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    It doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me.... Other factors are so much more noticeable and critical for me.
    same. eating /not eating makes no difference in my performance in the gym. I just have to make sure i'm not thanksgiving stuffed.

sleeping. not binge eatting the night before etc, makes a bigger difference for me. I do have to eat before i workout if i go after work, only bc im starving after work and i'll rush my workout simply bc im hungry.
    I don't make sandwiches and I don't clean house BUT I do play PC games and lift weights. Instagram: unicorn_droppings_for_you

20. I eat something light at least three to four hours before to the gym, if I forget, I usually go fasted. It isnt really an huge issue either way my performance doesn't grossly change.

21. I wonder if it's a placebo effect when people notice increased performance from eating pre-workout. Most of us only workout for an hour so it's not like a major endurance event that requires tons of glycogen and fatty acids

22. Quote Originally Posted by 619sss View Post
    I usually eat carbs and fats before cycling and lifting weight as I feel I have more energy than not eating.... 1 hour before training

Do you eat before going training?
    What do you eat?

i do one cup of white rice and 2 whole eggs and 8 whites

23. what is the logic behind training fasted?? i get why people do it for fasted cardio but how is training fasted beneficial? i feel like you'd be in a catabolic state

24. Quote Originally Posted by pike place View Post
    what is the logic behind training fasted?? i get why people do it for fasted cardio but how is training fasted beneficial? i feel like you'd be in a catabolic state
    Insulin and testosterone have an inverse relationship. So keeping you insulin at a min allows you to maximize your testosterone and HGH when training. One of my goals is to learn how to time my eating to maximize those benefits. So to lift fasted or at least without carbs would allow the most of those hormones after the lift, but it's at the cost of energy and intensity during the lift as fats can't provide the high energy outputs carbs can which may result in the body breaking down aminos to make glycogen. That's why if I'm doing a big intense lift, I always at least try to have some protien in me so I don't go catabolic on my muscle. Cardio I like completely fasted or with a scoop of glutamine at most. If it's not too intense fat should be enough energy.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. To Eat or Not to Eat, Before Bed?
    By IPO Greatness in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 10:22 PM
  2. Anyone tried using hypnosis before training?
    By Flexy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 07:53 PM
  3. Eat before Or After
    By pizzathehut in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  4. Protein before training?
    By E J in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 10:47 AM
  5. What do you eat before a PL meet?