Tips for bringing up lagging pec

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay so I've always had one pec smaller than the other. Literally nothing I do will bring it up. I know I see a lot of people with a similar issue but mine is pretty noticeable.

I also just had surgery on my shoulder on the side where my smallest pec is.. meaning it's lagging behind even more now, lucky me.

What's some good ideas on bringing it up?

I've tried using only dumbells, I've tried just working it more often, all that kind of stuff.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
It may be just genetic. Origin/insertion may be just a bit different. If not genetic, try stretching. I had a lagging right lat.. surprisingly enough stretching it helps me to achieve a greater ROM and brought it up to par. DO NOT work one more than the other.. that only causes problems.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
It's probably not as noticeable as you think. We notice these things because we spend a lot of time looking at ourselves and working on our flaws. I had injured my shoulder once and had the same problem. My ROM on my left side diminished and was weaker which caused my left chest and shoulder to lag.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Okay so I've always had one pec smaller than the other. Literally nothing I do will bring it up. I know I see a lot of people with a similar issue but mine is pretty noticeable.

I also just had surgery on my shoulder on the side where my smallest pec is.. meaning it's lagging behind even more now, lucky me.

What's some good ideas on bringing it up?

I've tried using only dumbells, I've tried just working it more often, all that kind of stuff.
Having the same problem I brought them almost equal doing extra dumbbell press 5-10 sets of 10-12 reps for the lagging part. Still when I go with barbell for a month, difference becomes again more obvious

AaaPee

Awards
I did get my chest growing by doing heavy dips and then going just all out bodyweight. Other great option for me was band press, just like with dumbbells but only with bands. Feels so good as I can't do flyes cause have had some pain in shoulders. Using rest pause with these, something like 8-12 reps, short rest, max, rest, max. Great contraction when you hold these on top for 2 count. Dumbbells really didn't work for me before I did get my chest muscles firing right.