Post your favourite leg killer routine

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
For those of us who love a challenge on leg day I'd love to see what you've come up with to really fry the legs and get the whole gerbil up the rear walk going post workout

Here's one of mine I've utilized with great results. Very abbreviated

Alternating leg routine.

Frequency: Every 4th day

Day 1

Back Squat

8x12 50% of 1rm max

Rest - 30 seconds max

Utilize drop sets if you cannot complete 8 sets at 50% with given rest intervals. The idea is to gradually work your way up to 8x12 at 50%. If you're already there use 60% of your 1 rm max

Time your rest intervals via stop watch to keep consistent. Even an extra 10-15 seconds rest will take away from the intensity.

Day 2

back squat

Select your 10-12rm weight and bang out 21 breathing squats. Take as long as you like but don't rack that weight until you have 21. Aim to increase load by 5lb+ each workout

That's it. Look forward to trying some of yours

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think what kills my legs the most is back squat 315 for 10x10,

Followed by 4 sets of leg extensions, but the twist is for each set to count you have to start with the heaviest pin then work your way up to the lightest pin, reps were till failure. For example 295 till failure, then 275 till failure, all the way to 5 pounds.... and there you have one set.

Walking and sitting are definitely difficult after this!

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Followed by 4 sets of leg extensions, but the twist is for each set to count you have to start with the heaviest pin then work your way up to the lightest pin, reps were till failure. For example 295 till failure, then 275 till failure, all the way to 5 pounds.... and there you have one set.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did this one time and felt like I was going to die.

6 sets of 6 reps with 30 second rest period with 70% of your 1 rpm for squats

briandward1

Awards
Back squat: 15,12,10,8 (last set is heavy and AMRAP)

Smith machine Bulgarian split squats 3x10 go super deep don't come all the way up focusing tension on your glutes/glute-ham tie in.

Platz style hack squats (heels together toes pointing out, narrow stance) superset with sumo stance stiff legged DB dead lifts 3x12ish

Single leg extensions 3x10-12
Lying leg curls 3x10-12

You kill everything from every angle.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Wow, that's a good one. Look forward to giving it ago. Won't be able to do smith machine squats as i only have a power rack but will do them free weights.
What's AMRAP?

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established

The 315x10 is that using your 10 rep max for 10 sets?? How long are rest periods. Sounds brutal

briandward1

Awards
Wow, that's a good one. Look forward to giving it ago. Won't be able to do smith machine squats as i only have a power rack but will do them free weights.
What's AMRAP?
As many reps as possible. Shooting for failure around 8.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I did this one time and felt like I was going to die.

6 sets of 6 reps with 30 second rest period with 70% of your 1 rpm for squats
I agree it's a killer. Those short rest intervals without an opportunity to catch your breath or clear the lactic acid makes the intensity.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bigman1292 Natural Bodybuilding 0
PhantomReaper General Chat 36
Supplements 0
Post Cycle Therapy 14
asianbabe Female Fitness 19