Left bicep lagging behind right, on each set of curls.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Every time I do curls, my left arm always gets one less curl than my right. What's the best way to fix this?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do one more curl.

enraged_chris

Awards
I can't, my left arm gives out with one rep less; unless I assist my left arm up and focus on the negative on the last rep of each set.
Do the same numbers of reps with both arms. One less on the right arm if you have to. The left arm will catch up quickly.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do the same numbers of reps with both arms. One less on the right arm if you have to. The left arm will catch up quickly.
Yeah.

Why are you doing an extra rep on the other side anyway? If you can only hit X then that's your max. You would pound out more DB presses on one side than the other would you?

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I assume that you are starting with your right arm then you stop when you fail with the left? If correct the start the set with your left arm and stop the set when you fail on the left.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
this is pretty common if you're more dominant with your right hand. Is there a visible size difference?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Every time I do curls, my left arm always gets one less curl than my right. What's the best way to fix this?
Do left first and then match # of reps with the right. Eventually the left will catch up

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
Do you experience neck pain or any numbness in your weaker arm/hand?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Ditch single arm specific stuff. Stick to movements where both are actively involved like Barbell curls, Ez bar skull crushers etc.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Use the barbell then.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That hurts my wrist worse. I have arthritis in them.