Forearm Growth! Train everyday?

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
How can i get my forearms to grow? They arent too bad its just been a priority lately as they are my weak point. The benefit of using straps for back etc. outweigh the forearm work so I train forearms directly. Ive been trying lots of different things: overhand curls, hammer curls, and variations of wrist curls. I just cant seem to hit them hard enough

would training forearms everyday be beneficial or not the best idea? What has worked for anybody?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You are probably actually training them hard enough. A lot of forearm size can depend on wrist & elbow size, how lean one is and how long or short the muscle bellies and tendon attachments are etc. so genetics can play a role.
Beings they are a smaller muscle group and can recover rather quickly, 2x-4x per week can be optimal from my experiences, but just because one can blitz and burn everyday, does not mean they will respond much greater than regular training.
My forearm size was always related to my overall B/W as well, so gaining overall, had them staying in line with upper and body size.
If one is built more like Frank Zane, then obtaining Lee Priest type arms, may be a bit of a struggle.