2 a day new trainee?

beastmode1981

beastmode1981

Awards
  • Established
What do you think the best schedule for a new comer to the gym should be who wants to do a 5 day a week sometimes 2X a day routine? He is 5'8 160lbs..no need at all ti lose weight and just wants to get bigger and stronger. Im just not seeing the 2X a day playing in. Any thoughts appreciated.

Housr

Awards
It really depends on how badly you want those gains.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It doesn't make any sense. 4-5 days is more than enough. Honestly every other day with some intense lifting should bring some great gains for a new comer. Sometimes less is More

Housr

Awards
Totally agree with last response..just focus on eating right, recovery and solid workouts.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No need to train 2x/day... especially if he "doesnt need to lose weight" - aka he's skinny as hell. train once, hard as hell, and spend the rest of the day eating his face off is the program he needs. EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT. lift. EAT EAT EATEAT.. repeat

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with the others. One can only put on so much over a given period. More is not always better and too much of a good thing can have one getting bored and quitting. It is the quality of the workouts and the big compound exercises one can handle the most weight on, that will produce the greatest overall transformation of the body. Recovery from them, will go farther than blitzing say the arms 6+x per week.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I've tried to do the 2X a day - I can't recommend it. It actually had the reverse effect on me and I lost strength and muscle - pretty quickly too. Now I only weight lift either 3 or 4 days per week. I am kind of jealous of all of the people on here who do a 5 day split. By that fourth-fifth day my body is already shot and my workouts start to suffer. Right now my training is a 3-day split high volume for bulking and the thought of 2X a day is making my joints and body ache.