Get a physique similar?

Viking18

Awards
Hello

Im a powerlifter, and i really dont spend much time, looking at bodybuilding. Even though i like the sport ;) But i do wanna get more solid, so what im gonna ask you guys, is how would you advice me to achieve this body, on the side of my powerlifting?

Im 20 years old, 183 cm and 86 kg.

Ace-Hood-beef-2.jpg

Im currently working out 3 days a week, with focus on building strength, been into it in 3 months. ABA
A
Squat Bench Row 5 x 5 Bicep tricep 3 x 8
B
Deadlift Military press pullups 5 x 5 Calf and abs 3 x 20 Lateral Raise 3 x 8

Eating wise what there? just eat healthy, when im hungry like im doing now, and getting my proteins, and get strong?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd probably start out by not insulting the people you're asking help from.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
More solid meaning what?

Add muscle mass or tighten up the look?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If you want to bridge into training/eating for aesthetics your first step is probably to start tracking your caloric intake.

Wanting more muscle mass and less body fat will take time, devotion, and close monitoring.

I wouldn't expect them simultaneously, but I think you'd be surprised at your progress if you stretch out your rep range a bit.

If you've been low rep a long while you'll likely notice change when you lift for hypertrophy faster initially.

Work in some sets of 10-15, or switch program to one more Bodybuilding geared
Check out DoggCrapp training as a good option here

Viking18

Awards
Thanks bro, well im mostly lifting low reps heavy weight, but i do got some high reps over, i always do a drop set at the last, to get a pump. After doing the big 3 with low rep and heavy weight, i always chase the pump after that, with higher reps.

this is my current physique, i dont chase something really buff, but i do wanna get a little better looking ;)

image.jpeg

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
At your current physique I'd suggest cutting first, down to somewhere you are happy with the definition (12-15% is a good initial goal) and then start a lean bulk

Going to take some time and perseverance

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
How often and what should i eat :)
No one can tell you that, even a coach/dietician would need months with you

Good starting point is to use a TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) calculator to find the calories you're likely burning daily.

From there remove calories and monitor weight loss, most stick to a 500 calorie deficit (500 under the TDEE reading)

You'll know in a couple weeks if you're headed the right direction and how fast.

Dietary options should be whatever you enjoy and can manage long term. On a cut you generally do better with more fibre/veggie intake for food volume.
Drink lots of water.
Higher protein leads to more satiety and less muscle wasting on a deficit.

Try to keep one solid regimented week where you track everything you eat, and weigh in + consult the mirror before/after

If you opt to log it I'll follow along (tag me please) as would others to help guide you along

Brandaddy

Brandaddy

Awards
There isn't really a set meal plan or a special food that will make you lose fat while building muscle. You need to track your daily. Caloric intake, optimally your macronutrients. Once you start doing that and tune it into how much you need to maintain. You could then find foods that are more dense in micronutrients, carb sources with a lower glycemic index, nutrient timing, etc. Honestly though, just with a half assed diet and no fancy techniques, as long as you know what's going in your body, a guy can easily maintain 10% without having to weigh out everything they put into their mouth to the exact gram.

Brandaddy

Brandaddy

Awards
You just really need to first get down some consistency in your diet. Like myself, I eat basically the same **** all week. So all I have to do is calculate my macros once and I'm set for the week. The next week if I want to keep gaining I might add an extra ounce or two of potatoes to each meal or an extra tbsp of butter.

Viking18

Awards
Until now i have been following brandon lillys advice, about 1 gram of prot and carb for every 1 lb of bodyweight. And 0.5 gram fat for every 1 lb

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Then you can definitely spare lowering fat macros, they are around 100 now?

Drop those to 50-70 to make up your deficit IMO