Home Gym Racks....

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
What are some of the options out there?
Rogue, Elite. FTS, edge fitness, Williams strength...

Looking for a sturdy rack with ability to use bands, and rack weights. Also only looking to spend < $1000?

If you have any of these listed or others and don't mind uploading a pic that would be great! Thanks in advance!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
jimbuick just got an awesome new setup. Maybe he will chime in with what he got.

omega_spartan

Awards
When I put my home gym together I found absolutely everything online. Check out Craigslist daily and haggle. Also be willing to drive to pick things up.

I'll attach a photo of my home gym setup that I put together...

Edit: can't post pics, under 100 posts.

Rack, 2 oly bars, 1000lbs oly plates, flat/incline bench, 5-50 fixed diumbbells and 2 oly dumbbell handles, dip stand, and a few other things for under $1000. Takes time and patience.

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Was looking through BB threads last night and seen a lot of info on the Titan t3? Guy bought 2 and made a 6 post rack... How are these racks for the money?

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I bought the EFTS Garage 3x3 rack with storage and love it. Ive had to drop a 525# SQT on the safety bars from mid hight SQT and it didnt do a damn thing to the rack safey bars or the rack. I think its on sale right now.

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
I think I'm going to order the Titan, rack, spotter arms, dip bars, and extra j hooks under 500. Should order this week

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wait you get all that for under 500?

Famine

Famine

Awards
All of my equipment is Body-Solid. When I bought it over 15 years ago, the cost was around $700 for everything I still own. For the fun of it, I priced it out last year using the new prices, it was something like $2500. I will say this, my stuff is as good today and it was 15 years ago.

At your price point though, I agree with the Craigslist option. There are sooooooooooooooo many people who buy stuff that never gets used. If you're getting a power rack, I'd make sure it is an enclosed rack (like a box without walls) with safety bar options, and make sure it has the optional attached pulley system.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
rpm57

rpm57

Awards
The T3 standard rack is 398$ shipped. If you call I've heard they give you the accessories cheaper than list prices. I'll be calling to place my order this week sometime. I'll let you know.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
The T3 standard rack is 398$ shipped. If you call I've heard they give you the accessories cheaper than list prices. I'll be calling to place my order this week sometime. I'll let you know.
U had better jump on that ASAP

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I looked at that also. The reviews suggest some wobbling and not-great welding. That was enough for me to spend a little more. I'm going with edgefitnesssystems.com, suggested by jimbuick. The owner (Rick) is customizing what I want for the rack, size, and even color.

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
I looked at that also. The reviews suggest some wobbling and not-great welding. That was enough for me to spend a little more. I'm going with edgefitnesssystems.com, suggested by jimbuick. The owner (Rick) is customizing what I want for the rack, size, and even color.
How much?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Rebel1978

Awards
  • Established
I've read the titan's quality has improved recently. It sounds really good bang for the buck wise.

I have a Sorinex Dark Horse with a NP bench I got on black Friday several years ago. It's awesome, but their prices have sky rocketed, I think they are focusing on large orders now.

omega_spartan

Awards
Very nice setup Rebel1978. Ended up with a similar rack to the dark horse but without the weight pegs. The NP bench is a solid one for sure. I ended up getting a great deal on an Ironmaster Superbench. Bit tall for most but I have long legs so it's perfect for me.

Edit: was originally going to go with a dark horse rack when they were under 1000 but shipping to Canada was awful.

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Ok so I just ordered the Titan t3 power rack. Total $473

Rack
Dip bars
Spotter arms
Extra j cups

omega_spartan

Awards
Keep us posted on how the product is when you break it in

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Man! This is a lot of rack for the money! So far I'm super glad I purchased this rack! Titan racks have come a long way from the video comparing to a rogue!
I lift on a rogue 300 at the gym and this rack is identical!
IMG_1474683353.024365.jpg

omega_spartan

Awards
Looks very similar to the rogue racks. Same j hooks. 2x3 posts? Could probably get the northern lights crossbox attachments if you needed

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Man! This is a lot of rack for the money! So far I'm super glad I purchased this rack! Titan racks have come a long way from the video comparing to a rogue!
I lift on a rogue 300 at the gym and this rack is identical!
View attachment 140554
Congrads....now stop postung and start lifting

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice rack..........now what can you do with it bro?

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Well as soon as this pain from my vasectomy( sucks) goes away from the bottom squat exertion, I'll let you know! Been since August 3 and still throbs when I squat. Last meet total(raw)
Lbs...

S- 451
B- 319
D- 407

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
**UPDATE**
This Titan Fitness Rack is well worth the money! I couldn't be happier!

Addition: I seen on Facebook the other day that Titan started making standard benches and multi position incline/flat benches. For $90 this bench is awesome!
IMG_1478028968.210635.jpg
IMG_1478029000.099813.jpg

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like that bench. Well worth $90

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Rated at 650 I think. The flat standard is rated at 1000 same price

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are those band pegs?

omega_spartan

Awards
Is it rated 650 in incline as well? 90 is a good price for a bench with a rating like that. I went with the IM superbench. It's a little tall for some but I have long legs so it's perfect for myself.

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Are those band pegs?
Yes they are band pegs!
The 1000# rated benches from other companies are $500+ in price!

Titan makes some great equipment!

Also placed the order Sunday around 630pm online and bench received Tuesday 10am!!! Super fast shipping!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes they are band pegs!
The 1000# rated benches from other companies are $500+ in price!

Titan makes some great equipment!

Also placed the order Sunday around 630pm online and bench received Tuesday 10am!!! Super fast shipping!
I'm impressed. Great price. I almost grabbed the adjustable bench today but it doesn't meet competition height. The flat does, though.

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Yeah the adjustable is a tad high. Almost went with flat, but wanted the option to do seated shoulder press and maybe incline if I get in the mood.

andrewski48

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Old bench is starting to rip definitely may purchase one of these. Thanks for posting

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I got a sumo rack from Edge Fitness. Pricier than a Titan, but i have zero complaints.