Back to bulk after months of cut. Mass or strength?

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Hey there guys! I just finished a succesful cut in which I lost approx 30lbs from April til now, I kept most of my strength so I'm happy with the result.

I'm gonna take a week off and then start bulking again, but I'm gonna up my calories gradually, since I'm eating very little these days. Do you think it would be best to restart with a classic "bro split" to make my body ready for a future strength/mass phase (PPL) or jump right into it?

I'm asking because I know I would benefit more from PPL if I had more calories in, but since I wanna add them gradually, I wanna know if it's best for me to wait until I'm eating more to appreciate PPL at my best.

Thanks for your time guys, much appreciated :)

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Well.. First off, congrats on the cut! Umm..Well, I suppose it vairies from person to person. I usually gradually add calories. If I try and jump back to big calories I just feel like vomiting 24 hours a day for a week or two...not nice, so go with feel.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Well.. First off, congrats on the cut! Umm..Well, I suppose it vairies from person to person. I usually gradually add calories. If I try and jump back to big calories I just feel like vomiting 24 hours a day for a week or two...not nice, so go with feel.
Thanks! My main concern is about the training program though, not calory amount (which is going to be gradual nonetheless).

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! My main concern is about the training program though, not calory amount (which is going to be gradual nonetheless).
Well...post up a routine you're thinking of man. Let's see what's up :D