Deadlifts + Wide Grip Chins

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Last night, I got to the gym late, and I only had an hour to get in a full back workout and 20 minutes of cardio. I started off with some deadlifts, and after warming up got the notion to superset them with wide grip chins to save time.

To my surprise, my back got *really* pumped. Much moreso than doing either exercise by iteself. If you think about which muscles each exercise hits, it makes sense the two would be synergistic in a superset but for some reason I never thought of it.

I finished off the workout with 4 sets on a bench row stand, except grabbing the inner handles (vertical). The one at my gym has an upper and lower set of handles, and the upper handles seem to work the lower traps really well.

Anyway, if you're looking to switchup your back routine you might want to give the above a try...today my back is sore as hell and I havent felt that way in a while!

BV :run:

N

narcissus

Awards
I agree deads and chins make a great back workout. I just can't superset 'em.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I agree deads and chins make a great back workout. I just can't superset 'em.
Well its not so much a super set as it is an alternating set. Do your deads, catch your breath, grab a drink of water, then go hit the chins.

C

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
gonna try it......deads and chins are both an integral part of my back workout anyway.