How often per week for ectomorph workout routine?

gynopuff

Awards
Hey guys my current rotation is Back/chest/off/arms,abs,shoulders/legs/off Repeat

I never workout more than 2 days in a row so I can continue to grow instead of use up all my natural test and burn too much calories. I use to workout 6 days a week and got smaller and smaller over time. What is a routine I can use to get back heave chest heave and chest light back light in the same week? With enough rest ??? Is it even possible?

smthanGod

smthanGod

Awards
Hey guys my current rotation is Back/chest/off/arms,abs,shoulders/legs/off Repeat

I never workout more than 2 days in a row so I can continue to grow instead of use up all my natural test and burn too much calories. I use to workout 6 days a week and got smaller and smaller over time. What is a routine I can use to get back heave chest heave and chest light back light in the same week? With enough rest ??? Is it even possible?
For an ectomorph the key factor is food if you were training 6 days a week and dropping weight you were undereating.
In my opinion and I'm a 200lb guy who started at a skinny 160.
Train each large body part,1X a week ending your week with the body part you started with and rotating.(chest,back,legs,shoulders)
Your smaller ones should be done 2 times one with your big body part is(chest&tris-back&bis) and then done separately on there own.

Mon chest and tris
Tues back and bis
We'd legs,abs
Thurs shoulders
Friday arms
Sat chest
Sun rest
Mon back and bis
Etc etc
Don't forget calves & forearms.
Focus on large multi joint exercises IE( bench,pull-ups,squats,deadlifts etc.) Learn good form don't just do it.
Rep scheme.
3X6 explosive(not ballistic)
3X12 rhythmic
3X 20-30 slow continuous tension.
You may mix them up and supersede main thing is failure at least once per body part!

Eat approximately your body weight in protein and 1.5 in quality carbs split in 6-8 meals.
Follow instructions and work hard without injuring yourself and you will grow!

gynopuff

Awards
For an ectomorph the key factor is food if you were training 6 days a week and dropping weight you were undereating.
In my opinion and I'm a 200lb guy who started at a skinny 160.
Train each large body part,1X a week ending your week with the body part you started with and rotating.(chest,back,legs,shoulders)
Your smaller ones should be done 2 times one with your big body part is(chest&tris-back&bis) and then done separately on there own.

Mon chest and tris
Tues back and bis
We'd legs,abs
Thurs shoulders
Friday arms
Sat chest
Sun rest
Mon back and bis
Etc etc
Don't forget calves & forearms.
Focus on large multi joint exercises IE( bench,pull-ups,squats,deadlifts etc.) Learn good form don't just do it.
Rep scheme.
3X6 explosive(not ballistic)
3X12 rhythmic
3X 20-30 slow continuous tension.
You may mix them up and supersede main thing is failure at least once per body part!

Eat approximately your body weight in protein and 1.5 in quality carbs split in 6-8 meals.
Follow instructions and work hard without injuring yourself and you will grow!
Thanks man. Anyone else want to give me their 2cents please? Shoot me a routine.

clk

clk

Awards
Eat more. You're probably not an ectomorph. You probably just eat like a bird.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Speaking from experience, your best bet for a while will be either Mountain Dog Training or 5/3/1 templates. You'll need to eat a TON... I thought I was eating enough, but I wasn't. I drank a gallon of whole milk every day for about 2 months while doing 5/3/1, and went from 130 to 190 in that time frame. Not saying you should do that, but your calorie intake needs to be looked at and if it's not a huge surplus, you're definitely not going to gain muscle or strength. Working out 4 days a week, hitting all big compound movements pretty heavy with only the important assistance exercises, THAT is the way to get bigger and stronger IF you're eating enough.

clk

clk

Awards
Speaking from experience, your best bet for a while will be either Mountain Dog Training or 5/3/1 templates. You'll need to eat a TON... I thought I was eating enough, but I wasn't. I drank a gallon of whole milk every day for about 2 months while doing 5/3/1, and went from 130 to 190 in that time frame. Not saying you should do that, but your calorie intake needs to be looked at and if it's not a huge surplus, you're definitely not going to gain muscle or strength. Working out 4 days a week, hitting all big compound movements pretty heavy with only the important assistance exercises, THAT is the way to get bigger and stronger IF you're eating enough.
I completely agree with this. Honestly, I think you will get good results from just about any program. You're pretty new at this and will respond well to just about any sort of programing with the staple compound movements and a crap ton of food (it's more food than you think).

clk

clk

Awards
Are you doing a bunch of "body building" styled movements? Ie curls, cable work, db work and other isolation?
If you're wanting to gain mass, I'd drop 90% of it all. Focus on bench, deads, squats, rows, and overhead press. For the time being, the only real isolation I'd even do would be rear delt work and abs (duh). I promise you that doing barbell work will build your body better than running around like a gym rat and doing 3 variants of every isolation movement known to mankind.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Regardless of your body type it's pretty straight forward. If you don't properly feed your body you wont recover. I would be classified as an endomorph and I don't train more than 4 days a week currently. Sometimes I will go through times of training 6-7 days a week. It's all about your ability to recover and grow. Some require Les than others. If sounds like you require more than you might think and therefore less out put would be a remedy or simply more output and more consumption to fuel it.