Hows my split?

T

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Im actuall ydoing this using bands and modifying accordingly, however really enjoying this splt.

anything to suggest? take away or add?

Monday - Chest and Triceps
Chest
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 12,10,10,8
Dumbbell Bench Press 4 12,10,10,8
Dumbbell Flys 3 12

Triceps
Dumbbell
Skullcrusher 3 12
Dumbbell Tricep Kickback 3 12
One Arm Seated Dumbbell Extension 3 12

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday - Back and Biceps
Back
One Arm Dumbbell Row 5 12,10,10,8,6
Bent Over Dumbbell Row 5 12,10,10,8,6
Dumbbell Pullover 2 12,10

Biceps
Incline Dumbbell Curl 3 10
Standing Dumbbell Curl 3 10
Cross Body Hammer Curl 2 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday - Legs and Shoulders
Quads
Exercise
Lunge 4 12,10,10,8
Dumbbell Step Up 3 12
Dumbbell Squat 4 12,10,10,8

Hamstrings
Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift 4 12,10,10,8
Dumbbell Standing Calf Raise 2 12,10

Shoulders
Overhead Dumbbell Press 4 12,10,10,8
Lateral Raise 3 12,10,10
Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly 3 12,10,10
Dumbbell Shrug 4 12,10,10,8

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Legs need their own day. Don't neglect them. Train hard as possible. It will cause your body to grow more than anything else. Group shoulder with chest or give it its own day.

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im actuall ydoing this using bands and modifying accordingly, however really enjoying this splt.

Do you mean just bands, like jumpstretch and not free weights?
What is your age?
Your fitness goals?

A

AllTheGainz

Awards
Without knowing your equipment, goals, and where you are now we have no idea if that's the best plan possible for you. With that being said, it looks decent aside from not giving lets their own day. Oh and do legs on Monday, helps a lot. I've seen people make good gains off of doing legs back chest bi tri then shoulders and taking the weekends off. If you only want to do 3x a week then I'd do legs, chest, tri, front delts, back, bi, rear delts.

T

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to clarify - these are bands via a bench system, that are equiv to 72kg variable.

Currently 13stone, age 35, aim is losing fat and adding strength training to give more of a recomp.
Free weights to come in the next few weeks when the gym is built at which point i can build up the weight and add bulk calories.
In between these 3 days im doing T25 cardio which gets me dripping wet.

Cheers

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, sounds like some goals and starting info.
Personally, and if I may suggest, or at least spread a little insight from what I have learned over the years...
I look at your Monday w/o, and then at your Friday w/o, and think, Monday you're using about 20% of your body's mass and system and mostly probably laying or sitting right?
Whilst Friday you seem to be using about 80+% of your mass ie: hams, glutes, back, quads, shoulders etc. etc. Do you see what I mean? Whole body on Friday!?
IMO, it is not as balanced as it could be, as some of your work on Friday will probably suffer. ie; trying to get the most out of squats and deads and then OH pressing, you are training your entire system.
I also believe in trying to load the spine some thru the week. So doing some heavier compound work while standing helps.
If you would like to continue this discussion and perhaps (we can both learn why each of us do or were taught what we do, being somewhat different. I am fine with that. I just think there are other routines out there that would be a bit more efficient. I think frequency can trump volume. ie: upper body especially, can be trained 2-3 x per week, instead of tons of volume on one day, then waiting 7 days again to train a group that most likely recovers in 2-3. See where I am going?
If, on the other hand, as you say, you like the w/o, see results and are progressing, along with how it feels, then run with it and have fun.