Army Basic Training Routine?

Vidya

Awards
Hey all:

Been lifting for a while now and ran a cycle a bit back with some good results and no sides. Basically, I leave for Army Basic Training in about a month and a half as I joined the National Guard recently.

I have seen a huge difference from when I first started lifting, but I understand that what I will face physically there is way different than what I am used to recently. I am hoping someone here would be able to give me a good routine or direct me to one that focuses on building strength/generally just making me do better at push-ups, sit-ups and running and overall endurance as I have not focused on any of them too much since I first started to lift:sleeping1:

I am open yet a little hesitant to some new supps/ph's to build strength mostly, I eat definitely enough but am obviously not looking to bulk-up.

Thanks!

clk

clk

Awards
1) don't do and sort of cycle.
2) for the most part, stop lifting. You can do some, but I wouldn't do much if any.
3) start running. Like... right now. When you finish, drink some water and start running again. At least be able to maintain an 8 min mile pace for a few miles.
4) instead of lifting, start doing calisthenics. Push ups, burpees, lots of ab work, pull ups, air squats etc.
5) check this link out
http://fitbodybuzz.com/crossfit-bodyweight-workouts-list/

Yes it says "crossfit" but it's freaking calisthenics. Those turds put their name on everything and say it's crossfit. It's not.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
U may see results as shred and definition, but u wont grow with "crossfit" or calisthenics or whatever

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It doesn't matter at all what you do man.

BCT is not physically strenuous if you are in any kind of decent shape, and anything you lack fitness wise when you get there will be fixed throughout BCT.

Don't stress about it and enjoy the freedom you have now, because once you get there all of that is going away.

AyePauly

Awards
No more cycling for a while. Run, run, and run some more. And do calisthenics instead of weightlifting.

clk

clk

Awards
clk

clk

Awards
ewolf2

ewolf2

Awards
Just run along with doing push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups. Basic is extremely easy and will not be physically demanding.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Vidya - be able to run 5 miles in 23:00
Maintain the ability to do 100 situps 50 push ups 25 pull ups . Try not to eat heavy before the runs .

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
5 miles in 23 minutes? OK.....
haha !! I could only do 2 in 22:00 I know that sux .. My dad used to say that so I thought Id echo it :D 5 in 23:00 isn't humanly possibly it actually breaks down to 3. something feet a second .

scw538

scw538

Awards
Where are you going to basic? I went to Ft. Jackson SC. It was humid as f@@@.

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
Currently in army.
Your gonna loose your gains in bct because you'll be on a caloric deficit, lacking sleep, and doing cardio almost exclusively. You should really be focused on running. Doing 50ish sit-ups (2min), 40ish push ups (2mins) really isn't a big deal. I went to Jackson too and it's humid as ****. Btw I did ph's right before bct and have gotten tested while in the army on ph's so you can take whatever you want you won't get caught.

Oh and by the way theres still time bail on the army it sucks! Vidya

Rndmher

Rndmher

Awards
Smartest thing anyone has said in this thread.

Join the Air Force or something.
Yes!!! God I wish I'd done the air force. I'm meb boarding now and they(air force) won't take me cause I'm prior service, not because of meb.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes!!! God I wish I'd done the air force. I'm meb boarding now and they(air force) won't take me cause I'm prior service, not because of meb.
My dad (he was Army) tried to convince me to join the Navy or Air Force before he passed.

My mom did too.

But when you're 17 you know everything so it isn't like I listened lol.