D.O.M.S.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Anybody have a suggestion for a supp that will prevent or cure/lessen freaky after squats doms? I'm talking waking up screaming soreness....

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can't really speak for you, but I know when I did 20 rep squats once a week, years ago, it really crippled me for days. Almost going up stairs using my hands as well as feet. Bending down to get a pencil off the floor, took 3 full minutes (Ha ha)
I am not sure if I was going to hard just once per week, then waiting until the next week again. It seemed to really get better, (and I made as good or better progress), using a little more frequency (2nd lighter workout) thru the week along with the heavy one and getting deads in as well. It seemed to aid recovery and I was closer to being adapted to them.
As far as supplements I might say magnesium, but I would only be guessing.
I know guys might also add foam rolling, massage etc. and or just BW squats too, thru the week, to aid in more circulation and thus helping the soreness dissipate.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Anybody have a suggestion for a supp that will prevent or cure/lessen freaky after squats doms? I'm talking waking up screaming soreness....
How many times are you squatting each week? I always get terrible soreness if I only squat once a week, but increasing the frequency to two or three times per week helped me a ton with DOMS

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
I was doing 1 day heavy and 1 day light. I'm thinking of adding another medium day....

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have you recently upped or changed your efforts/routine, or have you always been dealing with it?

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Have you recently upped or changed your efforts/routine, or have you always been dealing with it?
I always dealt with expected soreness, but now it's really outa hand...

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm thinking of adding another mefium day....
Well, I am not sure if you'd have to add a "medium" day so to speak. Just a bit more frequency, say even a BW squat day or bike riding or such may help with ridding the soreness.