Reebok Nanos good for lifting and all around shoe? Are they wide?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So here's the deal, I recently had flat foot corrective surgery. The doctor gave me the okay to do deadlifts and even squats. My feet are still just as wide as they were before the surgery. I wear a 12 4E shoe. What I'm looking for is a shoe without a raised heel, that I can lift in and walk in. The nano seems like the best choice, but I don't know how wide they are cut. I can fit into a size 13 medium, if the shoes are cut wide. I have a pair of Reebok Lifters in 12 that are just barely too narrow.

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The Nanos are pretty wide. I've got 4.0's so I'm not sure about the 5's and soon-to-be-released 6's, but Nanos are typically a wider, zero-drop type shoe. I do practically every movement in them, except long distance running.

Also, check out No Bull brand. I'm thinking about making those my next shoe investment.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So here's the deal, I recently had flat foot corrective surgery. The doctor gave me the okay to do deadlifts and even squats. My feet are still just as wide as they were before the surgery. I wear a 12 4E shoe. What I'm looking for is a shoe without a raised heel, that I can lift in and walk in. The nano seems like the best choice, but I don't know how wide they are cut. I can fit into a size 13 medium, if the shoes are cut wide. I have a pair of Reebok Lifters in 12 that are just barely too narrow.
I had a serious case of plantar fasciitis and after a series of around 6 shots, I knew surgery wasnt to far away from being my last option. But I decided to change shoes. I went with the Nanos. The flat bottoms, less than 4mm heel to toe drop, and boxed toe helped me tremendously. For the exception of longer runs, I do everything in them. Lift, basketball, racquetball and just wear them casually. I highly recommend them. Plus, if you get any Reebok, keep the receipt. Anything goes wrong with them inside 1 year, send them a copy of the receipt and a picture of the shoes failure.. BOOM, they send you a new pair.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, I went to the store and tried them on. I could almost get in them, but since they designed the tongue of the shoe all stupid, I couldn't get my surgically repaired shoe in the one foot. See, my left foot still lack flexibility and probably will for sometime. If the tongue wasn't sown in, it wouldn't have been an issue. So, I tried on some New Balance 1267 Crosstrainers and they were cut too small even in wide. I had the store order a 13 4e to try on, but honestly the New Balance felt kind of squishy. The nanos on the foot I tried felt solid, maybe slightly small in the mid foot. Not that it felt tight, just that I could feel my foot pushing from the inside. Not sure what to do, maybe go with the Invo-8 195? I don't feel like waiting for the nano 6s to come out. The Invos only come in wide, not extra wide so maybe I should order a size 13 from zappos. I'm not sure.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I went to the store and tried them on. I could almost get in them, but since they designed the tongue of the shoe all stupid, I couldn't get my surgically repaired shoe in the one foot. See, my left foot still lack flexibility and probably will for sometime. If the tongue wasn't sown in, it wouldn't have been an issue. So, I tried on some New Balance 1267 Crosstrainers and they were cut too small even in wide. I had the store order a 13 4e to try on, but honestly the New Balance felt kind of squishy. The nanos on the foot I tried felt solid, maybe slightly small in the mid foot. Not that it felt tight, just that I could feel my foot pushing from the inside. Not sure what to do, maybe go with the Invo-8 195? I don't feel like waiting for the nano 6s to come out. The Invos only come in wide, not extra wide so maybe I should order a size 13 from zappos. I'm not sure.
Outside of the Nanos, I am useless to you. Never tried tried the Invos. Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's cool. I appreciate the help anyway.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Can't be of amazing help, but I roll with Inov-8's for my running shoes.
They seem to be decently wide in the forefoot at least for standard width, so a wide 13 might work for you.
FYI-New Balances are always narrow

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't be of amazing help, but I roll with Inov-8's for my running shoes.
They seem to be decently wide in the forefoot at least for standard width, so a wide 13 might work for you.
FYI-New Balances are always narrow
New Balance used to be wide, but I read now that they sold out and have a foreign company make the shoes; they are narrow. Pretty soon, I'll have to walk around in wooden shoes, jsut to have shoes that fit.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
New Balance used to be wide, but I read now that they sold out and have a foreign company make the shoes; they are narrow. Pretty soon, I'll have to walk around in wooden shoes, jsut to have shoes that fit.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Yes they sold out, but they have always been narrow.
Their saving grace was the fact they were good about offering wide options for most of their shoes.
Give the inov-8's a shot. They are cut wider in the toe box (more splay) to begin with

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes they sold out, but they have always been narrow.
Their saving grace was the fact they were good about offering wide options for most of their shoes.
Give the inov-8's a shot. They are cut wider in the toe box (more splay) to begin with
Alright thanks. I did see on the store that I goto, on their website they're having a closeout on the nano sprints. They have 12.5 in stock, but I don't know if they'll be there next week when I go back, or if they have that stupid tongue issue. I have to order the Inov-8s online but thankfully zappos has them.

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just bought the Nano 6.0's. All the reviews said it was a good ride with decent stability.

I'm pretty flat footed and I've tried every brand there is...
Barefoot shoes
Okisuna Tigers
Converse
Inov-8 F-235's
Inov-8 F-215's
Inov-8 Road-X
Inov-8 Bare XF
Nike Free 5.0
Nike MetCons
Nano 3.0's

If you want wide, go the Nano route. The Inov-8's are very narrow through the foot and most people don't understand what it really means to have a wide foot.

I also have been using Superfeet carbon fiber insoles to support my arch. They never bend or break, and they work wonders.

Best of luck!

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just bought the Nano 6.0's. All the reviews said it was a good ride with decent stability.

I'm pretty flat footed and I've tried every brand there is...
Barefoot shoes
Okisuna Tigers
Converse
Inov-8 F-235's
Inov-8 F-215's
Inov-8 Road-X
Inov-8 Bare XF
Nike Free 5.0
Nike MetCons
Nano 3.0's

If you want wide, go the Nano route. The Inov-8's are very narrow through the foot and most people don't understand what it really means to have a wide foot.

I also have been using Superfeet carbon fiber insoles to support my arch. They never bend or break, and they work wonders.

Best of luck!
Are you super wide, or just wide? The Nano 6s haven't come out to any of the local stores yet, at least where they would carry 13s. I did try the ROS 2.0 TR, which I assume is the newer version of the Reebok TR and guess what, they made them SUPER narrow. I think they're made for people with feet like a 14 year old Korean girl, that's how narrow they are even in a size 13. I'll have to look for the Nanos, the old TRs are now out of stock now that the "New and improved" version just came out.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well Ive been a Nano guy for a while but last week at the beach, I went to the outlets. Found a heck of a deal on New Balance 730 V2 and figured Id give the a shot for $50. So far, very impressed . Wide in the front, but hugs my narrower heel, flat, just enough cushion and very balanced.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, the trouble is all of New Balances true athletic shoes only come in 2e, not 4e and the shoes are cut narrow now even in wider sizes. New Balance USED to have 4e athletic shoes.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, the trouble is all of New Balances true athletic shoes only come in 2e, not 4e and the shoes are cut narrow now even in wider sizes. New Balance USED to have 4e athletic shoes.
Gotcha. Ive never had to really worry about the extra wide. My issue is the front of my foot is much wider than my heel. But I love the boxed toe of these and the nanos, literally cured my plantar fasciitis!

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I'm going to try out the "Under Armour UA Strive 6". They actually come in 4e and are training shoes. I've never tried Under Armour before, hopefully they work.

I like how they have a flat bottom, which will be useful for deadlifts and leg presses I assume. They are supposedly made for guys with a neutral arch, I have reconstructed feet; well will have the other one needs to be done. I will still have low arches though. Nevertheless, I think this may be what I'm looking for.