Outer quads?

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My inner quads (medialis?) I would say are a little disproportionate and overdeveloped. Compared to my outer quads (lateralis?).

What are some exercises/lifts I can do to build the outer quads?

My primary quad exercises over the years have mostly been squat, leg press, lunge and leg extensions. These all led to my disproportion. I am about 6' 185 ectomorph with naturally thin legs.
*One thing to note: I cannot squat or do any squat variation anymore due to a knee injury. Otherwise, I am ok.

Thank you.

crazy_leggz

Awards
I'm waiting for some responses too mate. I am honestly having the same issues. It's freaking annoying/depressing when I attempt to flex my quads in the mirror

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When doing leg extensions, point your toes toward each other. Doesn't have to be drastic, just 30-45 degrees. That will burn up your outer quads!

jackedjimbean

Awards
On leg press place your feet out, a little bit more than 45 degrees. That will give you a nice outer sweep.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
When doing leg extensions, point your toes toward each other. Doesn't have to be drastic, just 30-45 degrees. That will burn up your outer quads!
This. Do one leg at a time so you are focusing on the movement and toes position. I find myself overwhealmed from heavy weights when I do this with both legs, ending to forget toes placement.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 18
Supplements 25
Training Forum 16
freefall365 Training Forum 42
p00ndawg Training Forum 21