How much cardio is too much cardio?

Bmk4191

Awards
I have a set of speedskates from Rollerblade. I'm off work for 3 weeks and have been skating 5+ hours a day for exercise and enjoyment. This isn't your traditional cardio but at what point is it too much? Should I be worried about losing weight too fast? I'm currently trying to lose weight but is the possible rapid weight loss bad? I'm 25 I weight 205lbs. My target weight is 185lbs and I start lifting next week as I have been dieting the past 60 days and trying to start with a good foundation. Let me know what you think?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would aim to lose no more than 1-2 pounds per week. If you're enjoying the amount of cardio you're doing and you're burning a lot of calories, just simply increase your calorie intake from food so you don't lose weight too quickly.

TheMaster

TheMaster

Banned
Awards
Cardio every other day for 40-45 minutes. So M, W, F, Sunday.

I do 30 minutes of stepmill and then 15 minutes of HIIT sprints combined with walking at 3.0. So what ya do would be 30 seconds at 10.0 miles an hour and then 30 seconds of walking at 3.0. Going back and forth.

Bmk4191

Awards
Is losing 3-4lbs per week bad?. I enjoy the exercise and it seems to be effective. I'm eating better than ever but I can't any more I'm full lol

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is losing 3-4lbs per week bad?. I enjoy the exercise and it seems to be effective. I'm eating better than ever but I can't any more I'm full lol
You might lose that in the first week or so, but I would really shoot for closer to 1-2 pounds per week like john.patterson suggested.