Cardio question

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, gotta quick question for you. Im needing a little advice on my cardio. I have a friend that is a Chiropractor, nutritionists and a bodybuilder, as in he has his pro card. So far Ive been doing his recommendation and keeping my cardio to 20 minutes. He said anything after that will start to eat at the muscle gains Ive worked hard for. With my lifting and Androcrine, Im definitely getting stronger, and apparently thickened up, but Im not really losing any weight. I cant get rid of this dumbass gut. How much cardio do you guys do, and what can I add to this Androcrine to help?

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
I do a good bit of cardio. What i do is HIIT for at least 10 minutes on a 2min slow, 30sec sprint split, and then follow up with 20-50min of steady state cardio. At the age of 23, I keep my heart rate at 150 plus or minus 3bpm. It's the optimum range for fat loss while sparing maximum muscle.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do a good bit of cardio. What i do is HIIT for at least 10 minutes on a 2min slow, 30sec sprint split, and then follow up with 20-50min of steady state cardio. At the age of 23, I keep my heart rate at 150 plus or minus 3bpm. It's the optimum range for fat loss while sparing maximum muscle.
I think Im going to have to look into something like that. Thanks

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
Np dude. I'm trying to get rid of my gut as well. Bein a dad has its perks and downfalls lmao, downfall being the "dad-gut!"

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
When do you do cardio? If its after weights take some yohimbine hcl before your last set of weights but you shouldnt eat for about 2 hrs after that. Also how intense is this cardio? Aim for a good portion (or as long as you can do and build it up) of around 130-160 bpm, many of the cardio machines in gyms are within 10 bpm accuracy so keep that in mind. You said the laxo has thickened you up? Maybe you are retaining a bit of water and that can skew your perception of fat loss, you may still be losing a good amount of fat

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
I personally lift weights, drink protein, and then do cardio. It's supposed to help shuttle the proteins and aminos to the muscles faster while also initiating fat loss, alongside sparing muscle if starting with HIIT

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey guys, gotta quick question for you. Im needing a little advice on my cardio. I have a friend that is a Chiropractor, nutritionists and a bodybuilder, as in he has his pro card. So far Ive been doing his recommendation and keeping my cardio to 20 minutes. He said anything after that will start to eat at the muscle gains Ive worked hard for. With my lifting and Androcrine, Im definitely getting stronger, and apparently thickened up, but Im not really losing any weight. I cant get rid of this dumbass gut. How much cardio do you guys do, and what can I add to this Androcrine to help?
What are you currently doing for cardio?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do about (2) 45minute sessions a week !! in the winter I do 3 or 4 30 minute sessions

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When do you do cardio? If its after weights take some yohimbine hcl before your last set of weights but you shouldnt eat for about 2 hrs after that. Also how intense is this cardio? Aim for a good portion (or as long as you can do and build it up) of around 130-160 bpm, many of the cardio machines in gyms are within 10 bpm accuracy so keep that in mind. You said the laxo has thickened you up? Maybe you are retaining a bit of water and that can skew your perception of fat loss, you may still be losing a good amount of fat
Sorry, been busy. If Im at work on shift I typically dont do any cardio because were limited to 1 hour of PT so I have to compress my weight training. If Im working EMS that day, I get up and do cardio about 0500. If Im off all together, I do cardio after lifting. Generally consist of no more than 20-30 minutes of jogging, again as I said, my Bodybuilder/Chiropractor friend says anymore than that eats muscle. However, starting tomorrow , Im going to attempt to step it up. Maybe still keep it at 20-30 minutes, but will intensify the rate. The knee wont take but so much. Which is Ironic, when my weight is down, the knee is nowhere near as bad. Damnit getting older sucks

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good idea to just up the intensity. If your knee is a concern, do you have access to a bike or an elliptical machine?

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good idea to just up the intensity. If your knee is a concern, do you have access to a bike or an elliptical machine?
Usually, yes. Ill have to add the bike in. For some God awful reason, my feet go numb on an elliptical. Go figure. I can do wind sprints and my knees hold up pretty well, but running on a treadmill I can only get a few miles before its to much. On the road... Not happening

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Try HITT on the elliptical, great cardio easy on the knees and I don't think your feet will fall asleep with it.

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
If your feet fall asleep on the elliptical, try 30min forwards and like 10 min backwards

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If Im using a pre workout, can I still do the Yohimbe? Seems a bit much. Im fixing to pop the lid on a tub of White Flood today.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If Im using a pre workout, can I still do the Yohimbe? Seems a bit much. Im fixing to pop the lid on a tub of White Flood today.
I think a lot of it depends on how you tolerate Yohimbe, some PWO already have it in. I used the Get Diesel JP8x Hardcore with Yohimbe & Caffeine. However I did use my White Flood this morning and had a great workout. Tomorrow White Flood with White Pipes, we will see how that go's !!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think a lot of it depends on how you tolerate Yohimbe, some PWO already have it in. I used the Get Diesel JP8x Hardcore with Yohimbe & Caffeine. However I did use my White Flood this morning and had a great workout. Tomorrow White Flood with White Pipes, we will see how that go's !!
I did the pipes yesterday... Just for the hell of it. Loved it. Havent done White Flood in years,since Iraq and I am stoked to get into that tub today.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think 20 is a great place to start. However I have a hard time digesting the statement that any more than that will eat up muscle. I think that it depends what your body responds to, but i find longer bouts of lower intensity cardio produces better fat loss results for me personally. Keep in mind that a lot of bodybuilders will normally do 2+ hours of cardio a day precontest. They are also loaded to the gills with juice, but i think that 20 mins cardio to cut fat is just simply not enough. You could either up the intensity as mentioned and do some hiit, or drop the intensity and extend it longer.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think 20 is a great place to start. However I have a hard time digesting the statement that any more than that will eat up muscle. I think that it depends what your body responds to, but i find longer bouts of lower intensity cardio produces better fat loss results for me personally. Keep in mind that a lot of bodybuilders will normally do 2+ hours of cardio a day precontest. They are also loaded to the gills with juice, but i think that 20 mins cardio to cut fat is just simply not enough. You could either up the intensity as mentioned and do some hiit, or drop the intensity and extend it longer.
Doing long and intense cardio definitely kills my gains. I stick to 40-45 mins of low intensity.

I like doing certain movements on the stairs to help with my calves, quads, and glutes.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doing long and intense cardio definitely kills my gains. I stick to 40-45 mins of low intensity.

I like doing certain movements on the stairs to help with my calves, quads, and glutes.
Grrrr! Stairs. My fire department is on a college campus, I climb enough fricken stairs for work that I hate them now. Nothing like a good leg day, and then climbing stairs a few hours later with 65-70 extra pounds on you!!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Grrrr! Stairs. My fire department is on a college campus, I climb enough fricken stairs for work that I hate them now. Nothing like a good leg day, and then climbing stairs a few hours later with 65-70 extra pounds on you!!
Taking your daily expendature at work into consideration you may not need very much cardio at all, i didnt realize the nature of your job despite your name lol. I would just increase it from 20 to 30 mins for now and see what happens bro. If its not giving you results, add in another 15

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taking your daily expendature at work into consideration you may not need very much cardio at all, i didnt realize the nature of your job despite your name lol. I would just increase it from 20 to 30 mins for now and see what happens bro. If its not giving you results, add in another 15
Sounds good to me. Sometimes its not as busy, but there are days its brutal. After reading a few other posts, I also believe I might be fighting some water retention as well. Thank you

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbine is fine with pre workout just start at a low dose to assess tolerance and work your way up

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do 30-45 minutes 5x a week with YC... Keep heart rate around 120-130. No muscle loss yet

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do 30-45 minutes 5x a week with YC... Keep heart rate around 120-130. No muscle loss yet
Outstanding!! Ill be getting some tomorrow to try out. Im ordering another bottle of Androcrine and adding Dermacrine as well. Added cardio will do the trick!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds good to me. Sometimes its not as busy, but there are days its brutal. After reading a few other posts, I also believe I might be fighting some water retention as well. Thank you
I know what you mean. I would consider doing 20-30 mins in the am before work if possible. Then if you have a rough day dont do anymore, and if you have a slower day then maybe hit another 20 after you train.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Outstanding!! Ill be getting some tomorrow to try out. Im ordering another bottle of Androcrine and adding Dermacrine as well. Added cardio will do the trick!
TBH if anything muscles look a little fuller and more defined I'm assuming from having a little less fat around them. Strength is about the same. Normal fluctuations from day-to-Day depending on diet, energy, sleep, etc but nothing abnormal.

PHAMPTON1105

PHAMPTON1105

Awards
My go-to cardio is a form of HIIT by setting the treadmill to 8.0 incline and 9.0 speed. Run for 30 seconds hop off and rest 30 seconds for 10 minutes straight. I do that 2 times for morning cardio and by the first 8 minute mark I'm trying not to pass out haha

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My go-to cardio is a form of HIIT by setting the treadmill to 8.0 incline and 9.0 speed. Run for 30 seconds hop off and rest 30 seconds for 10 minutes straight. I do that 2 times for morning cardio and by the first 8 minute mark I'm trying not to pass out haha
Ive done something similar,but right now weve been doing 40-60 of racquetball and its actually pretty brutal! About 600+ calories in an hour and its actually fun

PHAMPTON1105

PHAMPTON1105

Awards
Yea that sounds a lot better than being stuck on a treadmill. Nothing worse then doing cardio and watching everyone else lift

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Abs are made in the kitchen. :) Not 100%, but that's the one place I look at first.

Get the diet on track, then workout like crazy. It will pan out.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Abs are made in the kitchen. :) Not 100%, but that's the one place I look at first.

Get the diet on track, then workout like crazy. It will pan out.
Amen Brother !!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok guys. Im sure of you will laugh at this, but its worth sharing. I Have found the answer to my cardio question. RACQUETBALL!!! Holy ship!! Ive been playing the past week or so, 30-60 minutes depending on time allowed. Find you someone who knows how to play halfway descent, and run with it. According to my firness pal, with my stats(38 years old,5'10" and 225lbs) if I spend 1 hours playing what they refer to as "racquetball,casual,general", I burn 723 calories. Its fun, time flies by and believe it or not, it will make you rather damn sore. I have found several websites that say its one of the best things for weight loss, and it activates a lot of muscles that plain running just wont do. We play pretty hard, and according to Livestrong, it is a great HIIT due to short bursts of speed with rest periods in between. Try it out and let me know, or let me know of you have already done it.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys. Im sure of you will laugh at this, but its worth sharing. I Have found the answer to my cardio question. RACQUETBALL!!! Holy ship!! Ive been playing the past week or so, 30-60 minutes depending on time allowed. Find you someone who knows how to play halfway descent, and run with it. According to my firness pal, with my stats(38 years old,5'10" and 225lbs) if I spend 1 hours playing what they refer to as "racquetball,casual,general", I burn 723 calories. Its fun, time flies by and believe it or not, it will make you rather damn sore. I have found several websites that say its one of the best things for weight loss, and it activates a lot of muscles that plain running just wont do. We play pretty hard, and according to Livestrong, it is a great HIIT due to short bursts of speed with rest periods in between. Try it out and let me know, or let me know of you have already done it.
It does but I like basketball personally. When I was younger I never realized how beneficial it was to keeping me lean.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It does but I like basketball personally. When I was younger I never realized how beneficial it was to keeping me lean.
I love basketball, but my ankle is destroyed. I can cut back and forth but refuse to jump around a bunch of people. And Im hard headed, which means Id get suckered into doing it anyway. Bad juju for me

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I love basketball, but my ankle is destroyed. I can cut back and forth but refuse to jump around a bunch of people. And Im hard headed, which means Id get suckered into doing it anyway. Bad juju for me
I don't necessarily play hard anymore, especially with others, just practice drills.

freakstar

freakstar

Awards
my friend this is a hard question cardio planning according to your goals ,i mean i do cardio while on bulking im keeping it about 30 mins after training or at the morning empty stomach low intensity ,if my goal is to go for shred i rise it to 45-1 hour and first 20 mins im doing Hit and then following with low intensity this for 25 more minutes this how it works for me but also you have keep an eye open on your supplements+dieting for maximum results :)

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my friend this is a hard question cardio planning according to your goals ,i mean i do cardio while on bulking im keeping it about 30 mins after training or at the morning empty stomach low intensity ,if my goal is to go for shred i rise it to 45-1 hour and first 20 mins im doing Hit and then following with low intensity this for 25 more minutes this how it works for me but also you have keep an eye open on your supplements+dieting for maximum results :)
Thanks homie! Ive been keeping with the racquetball. The days I lift Im playing about 30-45 minutes, and then the next morning I play an hour fasted. It seems to be doing fairly well.

freakstar

freakstar

Awards
Thanks homie! Ive been keeping with the racquetball. The days I lift Im playing about 30-45 minutes, and then the next morning I play an hour fasted. It seems to be doing fairly well.
anytime my friend but dont forget take enought protein+clean carbs in your day also nevery forget bcca and glutamine when you do fasted cardio so you wont catabolism

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
anytime my friend but dont forget take enought protein+clean carbs in your day also nevery forget bcca and glutamine when you do fasted cardio so you wont catabolism
Thanks. Im working on trying to tune into a good diet. Never really been taught properly, and up till now its been learn as I go. BCAAs is a must for me, ill look into the glutamine.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with the first part. I have to disagree with the bcaas and fasted cardio. Fasted should be fasted and if anything is consumed, yes bcaas included it is no longer fasted. If it doesn't matter then take the bcaas, as you will be going catabolic to some extent, but I've found fasted cardio to be an invaluable tool. I do however eat immediately after, some high fats and protein.

freakstar

freakstar

Awards
When You are low on body fat You need bcca and glutamine before fasted cardio...