are those cutting bands that effective?

fartster

Awards
I just started using it. I bought the 100 pound resistance and I think this is a bit too much when I should have started lighter. I tried it out, it got me sweating and my heart racing, not sure why this is. There is a term for this that I can't think of right now but like working out without weights (non calisthenics). For example: doing a "bench press" using the walls (i.e. pressing against it) can be effective (they say). Are these resistance bands sort of like what I just described except there's actual resistance with this rubber?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im not sure if you're serious...but yes. There is resistance in the rubber. It got your heart racing and you sweating because you were exercising and your body started to give off heat.

And (maybe) what you were referring to above is an open-chain movement - where your body moves instead of another object. In your example - a standard bench press would be a closed chain movement and the wall "bench press" would be an open chain movement. There is resistance with that as well, you are just changing the resistance gravity is exerting on you by the angle you are at. Think about how much harder a pushup is on the floor vs a pushup leaning against the wall.