Lifted Cutting With Combustion Log

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Good morning ya'll, I'm about to head into work so you'll have to excuse my crappy "before" pics.
I'm doing a summer shred down before my show prep bulking cycle in September.

Current stats:
5'8"
33YO
193-195 weight.
Current cals are around 2400/day with a focus on protein to be around 200-250grams/day.

I figure in my pictures I'm in the mid to high teens for my body fat%, would love to finish out at 8-10%

Fat burner being used will be BPS Combustion, very psyched to run it!

Training will be a 5-6 day split. Probably focus on 1 muscle group a day, with an abs finisher.

No cardio plans yet, currently nursing a stress fracture from soccer. Hopefully be healed from that by end of June.

Other sups:
GNC Mega Men Sport MV
Fish oil
Generic brand joint supp (I ran out of Flexatril, bah!)
Super Rhanderol by Primeval labs for the rest of the month.
pre workout will either be Transparent Labs Pre Series or MaxReps USP Labs depending on how late I get to the gym.

Probably take some Xtend Perform depending on how I feel during that day intensity wise.

Was going to do this IF/Lean gains style but I think I'll run 5-6 meals a day first and see how that goes.

That's all for now guys, thanks for any subs in advanced!

I believe that's it for now.

Attachments

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
So many donuts at work today, always when I'm on a cut, FML!!!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I already treated myself to chocolate chip pancakes and french toast this morning. Had to really struggle to stay within 2,400 cals with 200grams protein being the max I could squeeze out of the room I had left for food.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
So after turning down every single one of the 4 DOZEN donuts we had at work today I'm going to the chinese buffet but I'm only going to eat chicken so hopefully even smothered in sauce I'll still be around my calorie goal. No rice or desserts just chicken, and maybe some teriyaki steak :)

Just finished up shoulders so I'm going to include some of my favorite delt and trap moves from my youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/SdpKHl3awGo

https://youtu.be/Q80JW1aQaCA

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Bout to give you negative rep points for no tag lol

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Lol sorry yates84, Dma378, FireTitan, DirtyDan feel free to sub too!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
This is how we do it, when someone asks me how much protein I get a day I tell em, "all of it."

Attachments

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Welcome aboard!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Yes yes i want to see this . I been debating using this . I cant wait to see your reviews!!!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I took 2 pills today because work forced to me to do a 12, gotta say you get energy out the @$$ on this product!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I started out sooooo good yesterday but I think those two huge plates of chinese food put me over 3500 cals lol

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
tried to keep cals as low as possible today, around 1800, and got in about 215 grams of protein.

Hit quads today, rushed session because I was working OT till 2pm and my gym closes at 3 on Sundays.

Power clean to front squat
135x12x2
145x10x2
185x8
205x5x2

Impressed The Solution and mkretz with my sweet attempt at one armed deadlifts. Lol

then super setted narrow leg high press with leg extensions for about 6-7 sets varied rep ranges and weights.

Still unable to do calf raises which blows but I managed to get put some decent work in while I was there.

Going to do a pretty sharp cut in calories this week and then weigh in next Monday and give myself a more reasonable deficit. Just want to shred down and see some of this new muscle I added over spring.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Personally you went from eating quite a bit to trying to drop your deficit too fast and too much. This is a major red flag.
The goal of cutting to preserve your strength. Especially after you ran a cycle.
A large drop in calories will 1) slow metabolism faster than if you keep calories as high as possible while still losing weight
2) Cause more headaches than progress
3) Allow for you to be flexible when you stall --> IE Drop kcals and add cardio

Given your foot situation try and ride out as little cardio as possible while your calories are as high as possible while dropping
Faster is not always better, faster weightloss could lead to faster muscle loss given your injury. Your best bet it to keep your kcals as high as you can and still lose

Highly suggest you read this multiple times:
Setting the Deficit - Small, Moderate or Large : Bodyrecomposition

about setting your deficit.

Exercise and Weight/Fat Loss: Part 1 : Bodyrecomposition
Exercise and Weight and Fat Loss: Part 2 - : Bodyrecomposition

I highly suggest you read here regarding your diet:

The Fundamentals of Fat Loss Diets Part 2 : Bodyrecomposition

these are also very good. to read.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
It'll just be for the week, then once I get an accurate weight number figured out I will probably run a 15% deficit

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It'll just be for the week, then once I get an accurate weight number figured out I will probably run a 15% deficit
No reason to plummet kcals for a week, If you ended your bulk at 3000 calories, start at 2750, then when you stall you can 1) drop kcals a touch or 2) add a small bit of cardio. That is when the foot is better.

But judging by how you were lifting it may be a bit :)

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
What?! I didn't do calf raises lol

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally you went from eating quite a bit to trying to drop your deficit too fast and too much. This is a major red flag.
The goal of cutting to preserve your strength. Especially after you ran a cycle.
A large drop in calories will 1) slow metabolism faster than if you keep calories as high as possible while still losing weight
2) Cause more headaches than progress
3) Allow for you to be flexible when you stall --> IE Drop kcals and add cardio

Given your foot situation try and ride out as little cardio as possible while your calories are as high as possible while dropping
Faster is not always better, faster weightloss could lead to faster muscle loss given your injury. Your best bet it to keep your kcals as high as you can and still lose

Highly suggest you read this multiple times:
Setting the Deficit - Small, Moderate or Large : Bodyrecomposition

about setting your deficit.

Exercise and Weight and Fat Loss: Part 2 - : Bodyrecomposition

I highly suggest you read here regarding your diet:

The Fundamentals of Fat Loss Diets Part 2 : Bodyrecomposition

these are also very good. to read.
Awesome read here, will spend some time to work through, thanx The Solution !

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I took the damn pics this morning but forgot to weigh myself. Whoops, up a little too late last night celebrating Pens win!

That lower stomach, damn I hate that thing, looking forward to shredding up. Had my Combustion this morning before my oats and I am amped up and ready to go. Not going to have coffee till about 9 so going to need Combustion to pull double duty, burn off fat, keep me awake.

Attachments

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Pecs! Not bewbs! Better not be after I followed PCT to the letter

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Weighed in this morning at 192.5, Combustion is giving me a real rush in the morning. Not jittery much but I do sweat like a pig when I use it.

Getting into gym tonight to work chest with the mrs, other than that just trying to keep the sweet tooth in check

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
It's true. I ask lifted67 this every day. Instead of answering, he usually just flares out his lats and critiques my calves. Now I know his secret!
Hahaha well I do have amazing calves!

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
That is some great advertising damn it! America could learn a thing or two from* you guys

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Forgot my other Combustion tab on the counter today and now work is draaagggginggg. Ugh!!!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started out sooooo good yesterday but I think those two huge plates of chinese food put me over 3500 cals lol
Ill make you feel a little better about that, I ate clean as all get out yesterday and then my family said they wanted pizza. So I went to pick it up for them, and stopped to get my new favorite salad with an extra chicken breast on it. Ate that, and then.......as I was cleaning up, I noticed there was 3 slices of Pizza Hut pan pepperoni left!! Not... Any...more!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Forgot my other Combustion tab on the counter today and now work is draaagggginggg. Ugh!!!
And that Sir,is why my stuff stays in my 5.11 tactical bag. It Goes to work with me everyday to work, whether fire or EMS, and when Im home I just get what I need from it. Sometimes it makes me feel a bit shady with my gym dope being transported around

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Ill make you feel a little better about that, I ate clean as all get out yesterday and then my family said they wanted pizza. So I went to pick it up for them, and stopped to get my new favorite salad with an extra chicken breast on it. Ate that, and then.......as I was cleaning up, I noticed there was 3 slices of Pizza Hut pan pepperoni left!! Not... Any...more!
You're good bro, in my experience pizza hut pizza doesn't sit in the stomach long enough for the calories to count, them porcelain gains lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You're good bro, in my experience pizza hut pizza doesn't sit in the stomach long enough for the calories to count, them porcelain gains lol
Should also state this for Chinese
Goes in one hole and out the other

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Lmao if only this thought process were true I'd live at Imperial Buffet and weight 165 diced to the bone

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Last few days I've been really pushing it in the gym. Still unable to do cardio with this damn stress fracture. So have to try to keep clean on diet.
Hopefully be down a few pounds by Monday's weigh in.

Did shoulders tonight made a little video for my favorite press movement. I know there's a proper name for these bastards but I can't think of it and I just call em front and backs. Shoulders felt a bit tight at first but I worked em out good with a barbell massage and should foam rolling.

https://youtu.be/8ccg_xapihI

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, they used to be my weakest feature lol

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last few days I've been really pushing it in the gym. Still unable to do cardio with this damn stress fracture. So have to try to keep clean on diet.
Hopefully be down a few pounds by Monday's weigh in.

Did shoulders tonight made a little video for my favorite press movement. I know there's a proper name for these bastards but I can't think of it and I just call em front and backs. Shoulders felt a bit tight at first but I worked em out good with a barbell massage and should foam rolling.

https://youtu.be/8ccg_xapihI
Damn right brother!! And I could be wrong, but it looks like the dude on the treadmill behind you is trying not to get caught watching you. Hater

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, they used to be my weakest feature lol
Lol you're not the only one bro it's what was holding back my bench the most and I'd do everything I could and nothing changed till I started following a protocol and not just going in there and going ham every time twice a week lmao

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
So diet mostly good last week, the wife spoiled my ass on Father's Day, I'd say anywhere from 3,500 to 4k calories consumed. Didn't weigh in Monday but the wife did snap a photo post workout later in the day. Feel like I'm leaning out and pants are getting looser (everywhere but the crotch, know what I'm sayin' hey-YO!) and the Combustion is still excellent at keeping energy up and appetite low. Thinking of adding in Thyrocaps now after discussing benefits with yates84.

Us bodybuilders are so impatient for results ain't we?

Attachments

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So diet mostly good last week, the wife spoiled my ass on Father's Day, I'd say anywhere from 3,500 to 4k calories consumed. Didn't weigh in Monday but the wife did snap a photo post workout later in the day. Feel like I'm leaning out and pants are getting looser (everywhere but the crotch, know what I'm sayin' hey-YO!) and the Combustion is still excellent at keeping energy up and appetite low. Thinking of adding in Thyrocaps now after discussing benefits with yates84.

Us bodybuilders are so impatient for results ain't we?
Damn bro!! Those lats could easily be confused for wings! Looking strong.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! Gotta taper the waist in, make em really pop.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks! Gotta taper the waist in, make em really pop.
Youre not giving yourself enough credit. Me on the other hand, there is no "taper"needed. I need to flat out jackhammer my flab. Starting 2 a days today(scheduled permitting) , with one being 30-40 minutes of some sorta sustained cardio. Gotta do something. Im also watching this thread to see how the combustion does overall.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
we're in it together dude!