Training chest

rafe1984

rafe1984

Awards
Needing a new chest workout really plateau'd on chest !!!

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is your normal chest routine? How long do you train for, what's your rest time in between sets, do you use drop sets or super sets?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Current programming?

How long were you doing it,
Training experience?

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Yep, pretty much what Burnfire asked...

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try a few different things. Changing the entire routine up can help also. Work chest with back. Do super sets, drop sets, reverse pyramid, high reps, DC training ...etc

This is the routine I'm on now. I will only highlight chest though.

Monday is upper body day. 1 exercise per upper body muscle. For chest, I will do heavy weight low rep of BB incline sometimes followed by a flat bench DB fly.

Then on Thursday I hit chest and back or chest and triceps and I will do my version of a full chest routine which includes this:

BB flat

DB incline

Machine decline

Incline DB flys

Cable flys

I change reps weekly so can't really tell you what to do there....but...Monday I go heavy, then my chest day I go higher reps with drop sets, negatives involved in everything.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5383814

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I've recently added partial reps to my incline presses. 1 set at full ROM to warm up and then go very heavy and only bring down the bar to within 3-4 inches of my upper chest and explode up. Really felt it the next day in upper chest and it's not hard on the shoulders. Usually do 4-5 sets of those and then some incline hex presses to isolate inner-upper chest. Hope that helps.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
I've recently added partial reps to my incline presses. 1 set at full ROM to warm up and then go very heavy and only bring down the bar to within 3-4 inches of my upper chest and explode up. Really felt it the next day in upper chest and it's not hard on the shoulders. Usually do 4-5 sets of those and then some incline hex presses to isolate inner-upper chest. Hope that helps.
Done the same thing with my ROM on incline presses. I like it. I'll throw in some pause sets to make sure I'm still getting a good stretch but using partials on those has helped my strength on inclines pretty well.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would loook into mountain dog chest training. He has a great program online