Back to basics

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Due to lack of funds I'm having to switch to improvised home workouts instead of the gym. I have a pretty good basis from all the stuff I've done in the past. But am looking for some advice on routines and splits for at home/bodyweight workouts. I'm going to buy a weighted vest to throw in during pullups, for squats I find something to hold for goblet squats. Any ideas?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For goblet squats? Kettlebells would be the way to go. Works perfectly for that exercise.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sweet thanks for the replys! I've been doing some research on stuff and here are some ideas.

Since I'm not to sure where my cardio is at on bodyweight. If you have followed me before you know I use any object as a weight. For this workout I'll use a 5 gallon bucket of oil filters.. Not sure on the weight. I'll start with

Tuesday:
8 rounds as fast possible with good form

5 pullups
20 squats

Rest 1-2 minutes

6 rounds
10 rows
20 lunges

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Burpees, farmer carries, lots of push-ups, broad jumps, lunges, just a few of my favorites :)

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bulgarian split squats, pistol squats, king deadlifts, wall sits, box jumps, and step ups are all good ways to tackle legs

for back, try different types of rows and different grips on pull ups, chin ups, mixed grip, levers, and inverted rows.

I love bodyweight training and make it the backbone of my training regimen.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
bulgarian split squats, pistol squats, king deadlifts, wall sits, box jumps, and step ups are all good ways to tackle legs

for back, try different types of rows and different grips on pull ups, chin ups, mixed grip, levers, and inverted rows.

I love bodyweight training and make it the backbone of my training regimen.
Cool thanks for the help! I will use some and switch it up. I found these

Attachments

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't find much to add that hasn't been mentioned. Resistance bands can enhance or assist in most of the exercises mentioned.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't find much to add that hasn't been mentioned. Resistance bands can enhance or assist in most of the exercises mentioned.
Alright I'll grab some soon, those with the weighted vest will be a start.

AaaPee

Awards
You should check out Josh Bryant's Jailhouse Strong book. Lots of information and programs done with bodyweight. Maybe 10$ at Amazon.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You should check out Josh Bryant's Jailhouse Strong book. Lots of information and programs done with bodyweight. Maybe 10$ at Amazon.
Sweet man thanks for the book I'll look into it!