SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE

OK, here's the deal:
    I'm a college baseball player...6'1" (almost 6'2") and weigh 160 to 165-ish. Now I'm sure you know 165 at 6'2" is pretty damn skinny...I have the talent (I was a starter and effective ballplayer this year), but to bring my game to the next level bulk is necessary. I've been training for months now, and only gained about....2 pounds...if that. I've been working out intensively with heavy weights/low reps...my training program seems good. Also, I've been taking in a lot of calories, about 60-80 grams of whey protein a day (20 after workouts) in addition to my diet. I've also done two cycles of creatine...once with sugar/Alpha Lipoic Acid/chromium piccolate, once without...and it didn't do a damn thing. So, I'm wondering what you guys can suggest to gain weight...safely and without spending hundreds...I'm a college student remember.

So I was considering Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL...or some kind of creatine transport system. I was also interested in this Superdrol or M1P stuff. I heard Superdrol fuks up your liver so I'm sorta against that. M1P sounds interesting. Someone give me some knowledge....any suggestions? I NEED to get bigger, but don't wanna screw up my body....

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

60-80 grams of protein? when i bulk i take in at least 350 .. by the way you want most of your protein from whole food not shakes

you want to be on a ratio of around 40%/40%/20% protein/carbs/healthy fats (which each gram of protein and carbs equaling 4 cals and each gram of fat equaling 9) and i'd shoot for around 3000 cals a day and 6 meals a day

these are just rudimentary basics .. but i'm tired so that's all you get for now lol
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.88%

take it easy, first of all, you sound kind of paranoid, especially with that big font lol.

best advice I ever learned on this website: stop buying supps and go buy some food.

to the site, stick around, and start reading about nutrition and exercise.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MXBT187
    OK, here's the deal:
    I'm a college baseball player...6'1" (almost 6'2") and weigh 160 to 165-ish. Now I'm sure you know 165 at 6'2" is pretty damn skinny...I have the talent (I was a starter and effective ballplayer this year), but to bring my game to the next level bulk is necessary. I've been training for months now, and only gained about....2 pounds...if that. I've been working out intensively with heavy weights/low reps...my training program seems good. Also, I've been taking in a lot of calories, about 60-80 grams of whey protein a day (20 after workouts) in addition to my diet. I've also done two cycles of creatine...once with sugar/Alpha Lipoic Acid/chromium piccolate, once without...and it didn't do a damn thing. So, I'm wondering what you guys can suggest to gain weight...safely and without spending hundreds...I'm a college student remember.

So I was considering Creatine Ethyl Ester HCL...or some kind of creatine transport system. I was also interested in this Superdrol or M1P stuff. I heard Superdrol fuks up your liver so I'm sorta against that. M1P sounds interesting. Someone give me some knowledge....any suggestions? I NEED to get bigger, but don't wanna screw up my body....
    60 grams of protein per day? damn, i get 75 grams for breakfast. buy some food bro, lots of it.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

i meant 60-80 grams of whey protein powder...in addition to the protein I get from my diet...not 60-80 grams total for all my food
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

ok, so how much total protein, carbs, fats? total cals? how many meals? you ain't helping us much here bro.

avoid all other substances at least until your diet is in good condition.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

My diet is in decent condition. I eat the traditional "good" foods....I'm trying to get as many calories as possible...unfortunately I can't really give you a number. Seeing as how I'm at usually not home I can't count caleries/carbs, etc. for foods that I don't prepare myself...but I eat 3 large meals a day and try to squeeze in a few extra smaller meals/protein shakes throughout the day. I consider my diet to be better than most...not ideal for gaining weight or healthwise, but I am deffinitely health-conscious when eating. Again I'm not good with counting carbs/protein/fat...but I try to eat as much protein as I can fit into my diet...when I did try to count carbs/fat/protein it seemed like no matter how much I ate I seem to still fall short of the amount I should be eating. In terms of carbs and fat I honestly haven't been paying much attention. I know I don't eat too much fat and of the carbohydrates I get, most are complex carbs (pasta, whole wheat bread, etc.)...not many simple carbs.
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.91%

look no offense but your diet clearly isn't good or you'd gain more than 2 pounds even if you weren't lifting .. counting calories isn't hard use www.nutritiondata.com or www.fitday.com

if you aren't willing to spend the little extra time to count your calories we cannot help you .. gaining weight is AT LEAST 65% diet (honestly probably closer to 70%)
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.4%

the fellas are dead-on. At 18, you need food, food, and more food. Supplement your(many) meals with protein shakes, and do some reading every day about nutrition, calories, diet ideas (esp. bulking ideas/requirements in your case). Stick around, do some searching, train hard and EAT! Remember, there are "supplements", but there are no shortcuts!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

At your weight, and age, right now just eat like a mad man. You don't have to eat unhealthy, but cram down the lean meats, complex carbs, and protein to your hearts delight.

11. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.39%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Bump.. Eat more, more often. Plain and simple.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.62%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Leave Superdrol and M1P alone. Too young for PH's.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Can someone help me out?
    By junebug1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 04:26 PM
  2. Can someone help me out with times?
    By bigpump23 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 04:56 AM
  3. help me out here
    By lilpnz in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2