Deadlifts and rack pulls

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
From a bodybuilding perspective is it too much to perform deadlifts and rack pulls in the same workout? Ive always liked deadlifts for the overall performance and body development but also like rack pulls for more specific back development. Is it generally too hard on the body to do both in a workout or should they be split between the week or one or the other? In the past I have done both on the same day no problem.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe anyone can judge that for you. I've had sessions when I've done both well with good recovery. But there were times where I had to push to just get through basic dedz.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In the past I have done both on the same day no problem.
Maybe you answered your own "?".
Recovery is going to depend more on loads/intensity used, volume, frequency etc.
The question might more be, is the set up of doing both in one W/O, most efficient for your progress, as opposed to, or pertaining to, your other weekly leg, hip, back work?

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you answered your own "?".
Recovery is going to depend more on loads/intensity used, volume, frequency etc.
The question might more be, is the set up of doing both in one W/O, most efficient for your progress, as opposed to, or pertaining to, your other weekly leg, hip, back work?
I guess I did answer my own question I just wanted to know if there would be a problem that wouldnt jump out at me like overstressing my CNS or etc. but probably not too much to worry about since it works for me....once again answering my own question haha

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just wanted to know if there would be a problem that wouldnt jump out at me like overstressing my CNS...
Well, again that might/would depend on loads, frequency, waving the intensity perhaps thru the cycle, along with what other big/ger (like squats say), hip, leg, back work you might be doing thru that week, as to whether it will catch up to you sooner more than later!?