Fasted Cardio for convenience detrimental to gains?

Jmesss

Awards
Currently implementing the 'G-flux' theory of do more and eat more to achieve better results on my cut so that i can eat as many calories as possible. My preferred way of performing cardio is as soon as i wake up in a fasted state just for pure convenience, normally do around 30 mins LISS. Always make sure to sip BCAA but how catabolic is fasted cardio? is it going to burn a large amount of muscle?

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
What are you body fat wise? I always hear different things but from personal experience at a higher body fat level I can do cardio without overly effecting strength progression. If you're getting into the teens and single digits maybe you would not want to do fasted. Best advice I usually see is to try something new for two weeks keeping all other variables the same and adjust from there.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Currently implementing the 'G-flux' theory of do more and eat more to achieve better results on my cut so that i can eat as many calories as possible. My preferred way of performing cardio is as soon as i wake up in a fasted state just for pure convenience, normally do around 30 mins LISS. Always make sure to sip BCAA but how catabolic is fasted cardio? is it going to burn a large amount of muscle?
I could be wrong but it isnt really fasted since your having the bcaas. That shouldnt really be catabolic especially if its only 30mins of liss. Im sure some others have some more insight... BeastFitness?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I could be wrong but it isnt really fasted since your having the bcaas. That shouldnt really be catabolic especially if its only 30mins of liss. Im sure some others have some more insight... BeastFitness?
Yes so what your doing OP is NOT true fasted cardio and you're not getting the benefits from it.

As long as your intensity is low (not MISS or HIIT) you won't risk any catabolic activity, ESPECIALLY if you do it truly fasted (nothing but water) and implement a fat optimizing supplement or compound or stack.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
30 minutes of LISS will not be detrimental to muscle gain, I wouldn't be concerned. Especially if you're using BCAA's. Low to moderate intensity cardio for a short period won't have an impact on muscle growth. Something like HIIT in a fasted state would have the potential to interfere. I wouldn't worry about it at all

Jmesss

Awards
Ah nice one! Just do it out of convenience more than anything feels good to get up and get it done. Starting an epi/winabol stack to aid last 6 weeks of my cut in a few weeks so will do truly fasted cardio then

jerm129

Awards
Really never gave thought to it. Just do my cardio in the morning without food just to get it out of the way.