Mass Gaining Program/Specific Workouts

Trystin.F

Awards
Whats up everyone. I am having trouble putting on mass and getting my max lifts up and I was looking for training programs and/or specific lifts to help get passed this hump. Anyone got any advice?

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
I'm a fan of pre exhaustion, and yes eat more

polarcat

polarcat

Awards
  • Established
Whats up everyone. I am having trouble putting on mass and getting my max lifts up and I was looking for training programs and/or specific lifts to help get passed this hump. Anyone got any advice?
What do you currently do for training and eating?

Trystin.F

Awards
I eat 4-5 meals a day with as little fat as i can and as much protein. I workout 6 days a week for 3+ hours sometimes doing two-a-days so my off day varies.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Isolation exercises before compound lifts( example is dumbbell flyes before bench press) getting a certain muscle exhausted, then using compound lifts where other muscles jump in to help

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I eat 4-5 meals a day with as little fat as i can and as much protein. I workout 6 days a week for 3+ hours sometimes doing two-a-days so my off day varies.
Why are you avoiding fats? Fats are delicious and good for you.

polarcat

polarcat

Awards
  • Established
Isolation exercises before compound lifts( example is dumbbell flyes before bench press) getting a certain muscle exhausted, then using compound lifts where other muscles jump in to help
also, mike mentzer would reverse it and do heavy iso before compound. I do it all the time for chest workouts. So heavy flys then high rep barbell press. I'm absolutely torched every time.

Trystin.F

Awards
What fats are good for gaining mass but not fat while lifting? I am currently 6.7% body fat.

polarcat

polarcat

Awards
  • Established
What fats are good for gaining mass but not fat while lifting? I am currently 6.7% body fat.
What? Eggs, avocados, natty peanut butter. You should also utilize google a little bit my dude.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eating fats does not equate to gaining fat. How do you know you're 6.7%. That's pretty low...

Eggs and avocados are a staple of mine. A lot of people here eat PB like candy. MCT oil, olive oil, coconut oil. Nuts, milk, etc.

polarcat

polarcat

Awards
  • Established
Eating fats does not equate to gaining fat. How do you know you're 6.7%. That's incredibly low...
I was thinking the same thing, that's shredded and striated. Fats are only "good for mass" because they're calorically dense, other benefits too but that's the main reason. Also help with joints and test/hormone production. Trystin.F if you're trying to bulk up, you might have to let go of that 6.7% body fat.

Trystin.F

Awards
Will this help get my max lifts up? Ive been stuck around 215-225 for the passed 3 months now.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
If you are REALLY 6.7% then I'd suggest taking it very slow on adding calories, because that can easily be wrecked and hard to get back to. Add something like an extra banana with 2 tbsp natural peanut butter

Trystin.F

Awards
So basically eat more and give up the low bf%?

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
You aren't going to build 5 pounds of muscle per month without gaining atleast 3 lbs of fat. Take it slow!

alexb13

alexb13

Awards
Lol you can't bulk up till you change that if you want to put on mass your going to need to be between 10-15%

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Eat every 3 hours your awake. Eat a lot of natural peanut butter !

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
If you want to increase your strength than you need to have a good diet in place to give you the energy to lift heavy and then the protein for good recovery. I have used a couple good programs to build strength. Power Bodybuilding by Mike O'Hearn and Sheiko. You should be able to google these for the workout plans.

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
Carb load and get to about 12%bf then you can pack on some mass

Jag770

Jag770

Awards
Will this help get my max lifts up? Ive been stuck around 215-225 for the passed 3 months now.
Forget the bf for a bit. Eat like an animal, pack on some pounds, and you're strength will go up.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Lol you can't bulk up till you change that if you want to put on mass your going to need to be between 10-15%
Carb load and get to about 12%bf then you can pack on some mass
Forget the bf for a bit. Eat like an animal, pack on some pounds, and you're strength will go up.
If you want to increase your strength than you need to have a good diet in place to give you the energy to lift heavy and then the protein for good recovery. I have used a couple good programs to build strength. Power Bodybuilding by Mike O'Hearn and Sheiko. You should be able to google these for the workout plans.
Eating fats does not equate to gaining fat. How do you know you're 6.7%. That's pretty low...

Eggs and avocados are a staple of mine. A lot of people here eat PB like candy. MCT oil, olive oil, coconut oil. Nuts, milk, etc.
ALL OF THIS

Fat doesn't make you fat

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Peanut Butter Gainzzzzzzzzzzzzz