I need help staying motivated to remain natty

Permabulk95

Awards
For about six months I've experienced with sarms, prohormones and designer steroids, I knew what I was doing and had no major issues. Made decent gains, but now I realize that it's just best for me to stay natural, even though I want to continue to get strong as **** and massive while looking decent. Any thoughts?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nothing wrong with that my man. I think its almost enlightening to experiment with things. Not all things are understood unless experienced and everythings not for everyone. In my opinion being chemically enhanced is a serious commitment with a lot of responsibility and risk behind it. Dont forget the rewards, but they come at a cost. I think that whatever your decision just do what you feel is right and makes you happy.

Vector300

Vector300

Awards
It's all about perspective - for the longest time I thought anybody that used PED's was an ******* and not "natty". Then I came to the conclusion that there really is no such thing as natural anymore. Ppl train in artificial (gym) environments, they get their food packaged from supermarkets, take pre workouts and intra workouts and post workouts...etc.. Doesn't sound too "natty" to me. Unless you're running around the woods hunting and gathering all your food, carving a bench outta trees and using makeshift rocks and wildlife as weights, I'm not sure what true natural is.

Really there's just two camps. Those who use PED's (legal or otherwise) and those who do not. I actually see the point to both sides and the way I feel is "as long as you're open/honest about it then I don't care". So far I've only dabbled with SARMs (Ligandrol) myself but that was after spending over 5 years training consistently and hard until ppl started asking what I was "on" because there's no way I could be natty... That always pissed me off, haha. Now after creating this foundation to build from I feel I'm ready to dabble with harder stuff (PH, designer steroids) but to a degree and I'm choosing to be open about it with anyone who asks.

Personally (and it's just my opinion) I think it's awesome that you've tried these things but decided to not continue to use them. That's not an easy choice especially after making real gains. There's too many weak ppl who starts shooting up **** after taking a Les Mills Bootcamp class cause they're "fit" now - whatever that ****ing means. What I see as the problem is all these guys AND girls who just want a shortcut and never learn what it's truly like to have to push yourself, dedicate and sacrifice. Yes, they build up themselves physically but their mental and spiritual (will) strength is still weak. That's at least one thing (of many I'm sure) you'll have as an advantage over those ppl. When the zombie apocalypse comes good luck trying to get hooyage and/or ripped on SARMs or the Andros or whatever...and I hope for their sake they're not PCTing, haha.

Ok rant over, and for the record and of course to play devils advocate, I'm going to be running some of Sparta Nutritions excellent cocktails this coming May. Stay strong bro.

Permabulk95

Awards
It's all about perspective - for the longest time I thought anybody that used PED's was an ******* and not "natty". Then I came to the conclusion that there really is no such thing as natural anymore. Ppl train in artificial (gym) environments, they get their food packaged from supermarkets, take pre workouts and intra workouts and post workouts...etc.. Doesn't sound too "natty" to me. Unless you're running around the woods hunting and gathering all your food, carving a bench outta trees and using makeshift rocks and wildlife as weights, I'm not sure what true natural is.

Really there's just two camps. Those who use PED's (legal or otherwise) and those who do not. I actually see the point to both sides and the way I feel is "as long as you're open/honest about it then I don't care". So far I've only dabbled with SARMs (Ligandrol) myself but that was after spending over 5 years training consistently and hard until ppl started asking what I was "on" because there's no way I could be natty... That always pissed me off, haha. Now after creating this foundation to build from I feel I'm ready to dabble with harder stuff (PH, designer steroids) but to a degree and I'm choosing to be open about it with anyone who asks.

Personally (and it's just my opinion) I think it's awesome that you've tried these things but decided to not continue to use them. That's not an easy choice especially after making real gains. There's too many weak ppl who starts shooting up **** after taking a Les Mills Bootcamp class cause they're "fit" now - whatever that ****ing means. What I see as the problem is all these guys AND girls who just want a shortcut and never learn what it's truly like to have to push yourself, dedicate and sacrifice. Yes, they build up themselves physically but their mental and spiritual (will) strength is still weak. That's at least one thing (of many I'm sure) you'll have as an advantage over those ppl. When the zombie apocalypse comes good luck trying to get hooyage and/or ripped on SARMs or the Andros or whatever...and I hope for their sake they're not PCTing, haha.

Ok rant over, and for the record and of course to play devils advocate, I'm going to be running some of Sparta Nutritions excellent cocktails this coming May. Stay strong bro.
I used to thing guys using gear were cheating, and then I also realized what is natty? And I also sadly realized you can only go so far being natural

Vector300

Vector300

Awards
Some of my biggest influences are the guys from the 40's and 50's. If you're not familiar with any of em check out dudes like Reg Park, Steve Reeves, and John Grimek. Some ppl debate if Reeves was "natty" though he was very outspoken against chemical use and I'm unsure about Park myself but Grimek was certainly not using anything as he started before test was even synthesized and was elite before most commercial supps were available like protein powder. My personal favorite is Marvin Eder though! Just look him up - probably pound for pound the strongest bodybuilder who lived and was totally clean. In fact when he talked **** on anabolic use in one of Weider's mags his career ended...

Anyway, I brought this up cause it's amazing how far humans can go with hard work, determination, and eating your face off with wholesome foods. These guys were strong as bulls too! Just some inspiration to read up on before you hit the weights, bro.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nothing wrong with that my man. I think its almost enlightening to experiment with things. Not all things are understood unless experienced and everythings not for everyone. In my opinion being chemically enhanced is a serious commitment with a lot of responsibility and risk behind it. Dont forget the rewards, but they come at a cost. I think that whatever your decision just do what you feel is right and makes you happy.
Tren side effects is what made me realize this. Lol I swore I'd stay natty for the rest of my life, but 5 months later I'm thinking of another cycle because I think I could use another PCT. lol

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's your health and body, so I say do whatever you want. If people are willing to take the risks, I don't think less of them for using steroids. The only time I think it's an issue when "natural" athletes and competing against athletes using restricted substances.

SuppGuy

SuppGuy

Awards
The monetary cost alone would be enough for me to shy away from it.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The monetary cost alone would be enough for me to shy away from it.
I've seen a lot of people make the argument the other way, where they claim it makes no sense to spend a ton of money on supplements every month when you can get quicker results for what they claim is less money. I've honestly never looked into the cost of a cycle though.

SuppGuy

SuppGuy

Awards
I've seen a lot of people make the argument the other way, where they claim it makes no sense to spend a ton of money on supplements every month when you can get quicker results for what they claim is less money. I've honestly never looked into the cost of a cycle though.
From what I've heard (I used to run a nutrition shop and dealers would walk in all the time), guys on average were spending $800-2000/month on gear. Even if guys were buying the useless supplements in addition to their pre/post it still wouldn't come close.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
From what I've heard (I used to run a nutrition shop and dealers would walk in all the time), guys on average were spending $800-2000/month on gear. Even if guys were buying the useless supplements in addition to their pre/post it still wouldn't come close.
That is the most ridiculous amount I've ever heard of. No one needs that much unless you're Mr. Olympia. I can get a 15 week cycle and PCT for about 400-600 dollars.

Even less for Test only.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is the most ridiculous amount I've ever heard of. No one needs that much unless you're Mr. Olympia. I can get a 15 week cycle and PCT for about 400-600 dollars.

Even less for Test only.
That seems closer to the average I've heard. I'm sure there are people that sell to others for more that don't know any better though.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Are you planning on competing in any tested Feds for any sports?

That would be the deciding factor to me. Look at what your fed allows, see how comfortable you are with it. If your event organizer doesn't permit usage of something then you wait the duration they require to be able to compete in the fed again as a drug free. I've gone both ways and it seems I always want the opposite of what I'm doing at the current time.

No one should be judgmental if you used outside the scope of the fed requirements and if they are that's on them.

If you don't compete, then just decide if you think using is the right thing for you by looking at what you truly want out of it. So you want gains, but why do you want those gains? Self confidence? Women? Think about that and think about if using is the thing that would truly make the perceived difference.

Permabulk95

Awards

That would be the deciding factor to me. Look at what your fed allows, see how comfortable you are with it. If your event organizer doesn't permit usage of something then you wait the duration they require to be able to compete in the fed again as a drug free. I've gone both ways and it seems I always want the opposite of what I'm doing at the current time.

No one should be judgmental if you used outside the scope of the fed requirements and if they are that's on them.

If you don't compete, then just decide if you think using is the right thing for you by looking at what you truly want out of it. So you want gains, but why do you want those gains? Self confidence? Women? Think about that and think about if using is the thing that would truly make the perceived difference.
I do not compete and I if I continued to use steroids it would be for ego and being able to get stronger faster without packing on so much fat, it wouldn't be for women, I have a girlfriend and she already is satisfied with the way I am

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do not compete and I if I continued to use steroids it would be for ego and being able to get stronger faster without packing on so much fat, it wouldn't be for women, I have a girlfriend and she already is satisfied with the way I am
Well it sounds like you have a healthy respect for steroids and what they can possibly do, good and bad. If you're really struggling with the issue, maybe give it a few months. Train "natty" (whatever that is these days) for a while and see where you are then.

Permabulk95

Awards

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
For about six months I've experienced with sarms, prohormones and designer steroids, I knew what I was doing and had no major issues. Made decent gains, but now I realize that it's just best for me to stay natural, even though I want to continue to get strong as **** and massive while looking decent. Any thoughts?
Rock climbers use chalk powder to keep their hands from sweating and their grip slipping. Runners use machines to analyze their gait and get custom shoes to correct for it. Cyclists use titanium frames on their bikes. Everyone looks for an edge to enhance their performance.

Do you take creatine or a vitamin supplement? Do you think that is natural?

My suggestion is to forget about what is natural or not natural and all that noise and instead focus on what makes you happy.

Also look at it as there being more options than A or B. Yeah, if using sarms, prohormones and designer steroids does not increase or decreases your enjoyment, cut them out. If not using sarms, prohormones and designer steroids makes you feel like you're missing out on something, then maybe a solution is using a compound only once in awhile, or a lower dose, or a shorter cycle.
It's like having a cheat day when on a strict diet. It allows you to both indulge once in awhile and helps to keep yourself from wrecking your diet.

nattylift545

nattylift545

Awards
I deadlifted 495
Natty we are
All gonna make it!

Whorecules

Awards
You'll still make the gains natty. Same gains, longer period of time up to a point, eventually there's a point that you'll plateau naturally. But it won't be for a loooooooong time. If you want to enjoy the journey, and not complicate it with drugs, stay natty. If one day you decide that you want to try it, a light cycle is just a few clicks away. No need to rush. Gear was banned decades ago and it's easily available, so it's not going anywhere any time soon. I will say, there's no merit to being natural OR enhanced. It's all personal. The only people that will ever give a damn about your muscles are other gym dudes and yourself. With gear, you'll feel like a god for a few months, a pleb for a few and repeat. You'll feel balanced all the time natural. No ups or downs, just constant gains. You'll new have to worry about not taking enough of a PCT drug and losing all of your gains. You also won't be spending a minimum of $200 on a cycle a few times a year. I'd list health reasons but who really cares about those amirite.

Also, illegal. That's another motivator.