after stronglifts 5x5?

clayboy_123

Awards
wendler 5/3/1 or madcow 5x5? I have been doing stronglifts 5x5 since August 2015. I am no longer progressing on any of the exercises or if I do, its every 3-4 weeks. I have gone up a lot on all weights including on the scale. what should I switch to next? I am still trying to get stronger and gain mass.

Vector300

Vector300

Awards
I would vote for a periodization program. Out of the two you mentioned - 5/3/1. However I would take a look at The Texas Method. I think it's an excellent intermediate program that's also fairly flexible. Johnny Schaeffer's (aka Johnny Pain) stuff is good too. He has the Greyskull Gladiator, Mastodon, and Powerbuilding programs which may just be up your alley.

Mcelis323

Mcelis323

Awards
Do a full body compound volume routine for about 2 to 4 weeks. 10 x10
Guarantee youll shock your body

NewAgeMayan

Awards
One of the 531 templates, or PHAT. Both offer a good balance between increasing lower rep strength and overall hypertrophy.

clayboy_123

Awards
madcow 5x5 vs Arnold blueprint for mass vs Jim stoppani shortcut to strength be better for hyper trophy after completing stronlifts?

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
I use the app instead of bringing a pen and notepad. It actually has progression to 5/3/1 and such built in after so many missed lift attempts. With that said I know people that rock strong lifts, or any other number of 5x5 programs for 2 years without switching. Good luck. Looking forward to having that problem.