First MMA fight

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
I won my first amateur fight last weekend infront of a large audience. 2ND round by rear naked choke. I'm undefeated 7-0.
Post fight I got on the mic and called out Dana white (UFC president) and told him to watch for me because I am the real deal.

My next fight is in July. I'm confident In my training this one will be a ko in the first round. And have a sponsor lined up due to my speech prior if I win this fight, which I will.

My jiu-jitsu and muay thai team are always by my side but should I start looking for a manager? I don't have funds at the moment for one but by the end of this year I feel like I will go pro and sign a contract

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Good win mate. Stay confident and training hard and consistent.

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
Good win mate. Stay confident and training hard and consistent.
Thanks. My Thai couch is telling me I need to start thinking about a manager but I'm barely making enough to survive let alone hire someone...it's getting complicated. I'm just going to do what I do and I think if I'm good enough I'll have people asking to manage me for free.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Things will happen when they happen. There's no need to rush.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice work, congrats! I have been training BJJ and Muay Thai for about 7 years but only competed in kickboxing events. Your story (minus the winning record :)) is all too familiar. There is no money involved and next to impossible to get a good manager that has your best interest at heart. I would save every last dime you have and begin looking within your own gym, trainers, etc (inner circle) and seek that management piece. Their main purpose is really to take the overhead off of you and seek out your best direction. It's not overly complicated, but takes people that know you and will not rip you off.