HIIT cardio on stairs

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I normally do 20 mins cardio on my breaks at work. I walk up and down a single flight of steps.

My question is would this be considered hiit? My thinking is it a 1:1 interval. Since i walk up and then walk back down.

Any thoughts?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I wouldn't call it High Intensity, but it could be considered intervals.

jaimev1986

jaimev1986

Awards
Hiit is when you work at a lower intensity (say 60%) for maybe 90 seconds. Than, increase intensity to where you can get hr up to 80% or so for 60 seconds. I do 10 minute hiit simply for conditioning after weight training. I do eliptical.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Try sprinting up the stairs then walk down, then repeat that would be hiit. You probably won't want to do that on your break unless you can get a shower in before you go back. But what you're doing is still cardio at least

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, that isn't HIIT, but could be viewed as short duration LISS.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks fellas. Im pretty familiar with hiit, just reflecting about my midday cardio and was wondering if its too much on my cns. Feels fine to me, and i might be overthinking it, i just dont wanna over do it, im dropping weight pretty rapidly as is. My intention is to do something moderate for 20-30 mins midday just to stimulate my metabolism and knock out some cardio before my evening routine. Ima stick with it as is.

jaimev1986

jaimev1986

Awards
Just brisk walk. U won't sweat like a nut and ull do fine as fat as burning calories and you'll burn plenty of fat.

jaimev1986

jaimev1986

Awards
I usually do hiit for ten minutes after i train...busy for cardiovascular conditioning. If i were to but cutting id probably keep the hiit post w/o and add low resistance cardio every day or at least 3-4 times a week. I feel i respond better to extended low impact fat burn targeted cardio. Just me though. Everyone has their preference

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not even remotely close to taxing CNS. Walk all you want and don't over think it.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not even remotely close to taxing CNS. Walk all you want and don't over think it.
Im not strictly speaking 20 mins cardio brother. Im well aware. I hit heavy weight for at least 2 hours a day, then an hour cardio nightly. Thats five days a week. Two of the days i do about 1-2 hours cardio without the weights.

I just wanted to make sure my add in cardio at lunch wasnt too much. Thats all. Truthfully if my cns was being taxed too much id know, just tryna get other pov's.

Im starting to feel like i never should have posted this lmao.

jaimev1986

jaimev1986

Awards
2 hours training and 2 hours cardio a day...and you're worried about walking steps being too much.........?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
2 hours training and 2 hours cardio a day...and you're worried about walking steps being too much.........��
Alright... U guys are misinterpreting everything. I said 1 hr cardio not two and all i asked in my op was a very specific question, which btw was answered swiftly by Dma378.

jaimev1986

jaimev1986

Awards
Thought it said weights everyday 2 hours. Cardio 1-2 hours on 2 days. Cardio an hour every day. But it really doesn't matter.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im not strictly speaking 20 mins cardio brother. Im well aware. I hit heavy weight for at least 2 hours a day, then an hour cardio nightly. Thats five days a week. Two of the days i do about 1-2 hours cardio without the weights.

I just wanted to make sure my add in cardio at lunch wasnt too much. Thats all. Truthfully if my cns was being taxed too much id know, just tryna get other pov's.

Im starting to feel like i never should have posted this lmao.
haha, when I first read this, I immediately thought, "weird that EMPIREMIND is posting this question.."