Prolotherapy?

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if this is the right spot to put this thread...

But anyone have experience with Prolotherapy injections? Can you provide some feedback?

Long story short, I have bad/chronic tendinosis is my elbow and knee. Tried all of the supplements/creams/etc. Have seen a Dr. gotten MRI's done. Went to PT. Nothing is working.

Wanted some feedback before I start this series of injections. It is over the course of 8-12 weeks. Heard its painful. Wondering if it works, and if I can continue to workout between injections?

Thanks in advance.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
couple questions,

how old are you? is any of this going to be covered under your ins? what type of ex ercises are you doing now? eccentric exercise may help with the pain or alleviate some of it. Have you contacted any centers for Pro? I would hate for you to do this and a year later still have to continue or have the pain worsen.

let me know

andreasy

Awards
Not sure if this is the right spot to put this thread...

But anyone have experience with Prolotherapy injections? Can you provide some feedback?

Long story short, I have bad/chronic tendinosis is my elbow and knee. Tried all of the supplements/creams/etc. Have seen a Dr. gotten MRI's done. Went to PT. Nothing is working.

Wanted some feedback before I start this series of injections. It is over the course of 8-12 weeks. Heard its painful. Wondering if it works, and if I can continue to workout between injections?

Thanks in advance.
I have tried it with my tennis elbow as a last resort before surgery. Didn't help. Better try PRP

Lift4Life_

Awards
Did NOTHING for me except build up scar tissue and make me hurt more and then I had to go to ART to get the scar tissue broken down. Stick to things like ART, Graston, or even acupuncture. If you can afford it PRP for the WINNNNN

Mancolt

Awards
Did nothing for me either. But then again, PRP didn't fix my medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow). I'm still searching for a solution to my pain. Meeting with a doc that specializes in sports medicine and related injuries in the next 2 weeks.

I experienced zero pain from Prolotherapy. I could have gone to the gym the following day, but chose to give it some time in case it was working and needed to heal. PRP is a whole different story with regard to pain. I could not move any areas that had that for a few days. So glad the doc prescribed some oxycodone to deal with that pain.