Lifting weights than training MMA 60 min after, suggestions?

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Guys I need some feedback about my training schedule.

Mon-Wed-Fri I lift weights, get a protein shake (water 40gr whey 40gr dextrose), rest about an hour then train MMA.

When it comes of lifting weights I have no problem at I keep the weight medium/high and the rep range between 8-10 as I've been doing for the last couple of years with great result.

I usually have two meals and a preworkout before lifting weights, that protein shake I told you about after lifting, then a mass gainer right after MMA then a rich sandwhich before bed.

I have a full rest day between training days and the weekend free.

My schedule is

-monday) back+arms (3 exercises for back, 1 biceps and 1 triceps, all of them 4 sets)

-wednesday) legs+shoulders (3 exercises for shoulders 4 sets each, 4 sets squat and 4 sets standing calves)

-friday chest+arms (3 exercises for chest 4 sets and again as monday for arms)

I just have to be gentle for legs and shoulders cause the MMA warm up kills them, wrestling and sparring are less painful than the conditioning.

Untill now is going good but Im afraid I will overtrain in the long run, tought about taking few days off once a month.

Any feedback or suggestion guys? I was even considering to lift in the days that I dont do MMA but the lack of a full free day may stress the CNS.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I did something similar for a few months. Leg days were brutal but I loved it!