New workout routine help

MJW

MJW

Awards
  • Established
Have been working out fully committed 4-6 days a week for about 6 years now. Ive pretty much been doing a standard 5 day split or a push/pull/legs. I am in no way a beginner and am looking into starting a new routine. Just wanting to spice it up so it doesn't get boring. My goals are to build muscle so I like high volume. More of a bodybuilding routine and not a strength/powerlifting routine. I have a few in mind but would like to know all of your favorite workout routine/schedule is.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
My current schedule is as follows:

Mon - Shoulders

Tue - Legs (both Quads and Hams)

Wed - Arms

Thurs - Chest OR Back

Fri - Back OR Chest

I have always trained with the mentality with my worse body parts during the beginning of the week and those that I love training the most towards the end of the week

While I do work the same body parts on those days, the exercises change week to week. I try NOT to do the same thing one week that I do the next. So if I do seated military press one week, the next week with be standing barbell presses. Sometimes I will do supersets one week and the next just regular giant rep sets

Go by what you feel are your good traits versus those you need to work on.

MJW

MJW

Awards
  • Established
My current schedule is as follows:

Mon - Shoulders

Tue - Legs (both Quads and Hams)

Wed - Arms

Thurs - Chest OR Back

Fri - Back OR Chest

I have always trained with the mentality with my worse body parts during the beginning of the week and those that I love training the most towards the end of the week

While I do work the same body parts on those days, the exercises change week to week. I try NOT to do the same thing one week that I do the next. So if I do seated military press one week, the next week with be standing barbell presses. Sometimes I will do supersets one week and the next just regular giant rep sets

Go by what you feel are your good traits versus those you need to work on.
Nice routine. Still not what I was looking for though. This still looks like a standard split and I'm looking for something different.

Anabolikz

Anabolikz

Awards
Sounds like you are exactly where I was 2 years ago and I found PHAT and love it. Of course that new PH3 trainer is really good but you might not like that style of training. Pretty big fan of Layne Norton in case you couldn't tell haha

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mountain Dog is a great one to try if you haven't yet. Sounds right up your alley.

MJW

MJW

Awards
  • Established
And what do you guys think about the Arnolds blueprint? Looks interesting. Has anyone done it? I would probably make modifications just because I already get workout in doing pt for the fire academy.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could you post the link to this program? Couldn't find the full program.
Can you PM me your email? I have several of his, some links, some PDF's.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got it, and no problem. (Can't reply: your PMs are full). I will have to send it from my work computer Tuesday, where I keep them all.

ryanhalterman

ryanhalterman

Awards
I got it, and no problem. (Can't reply: your PMs are full). I will have to send it from my work computer Tuesday, where I keep them all.
Would you be able to send me over those as well? I'm lookin for a new routine also.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established