Question about training at home

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
I just bought an olympic weight bench and set it up in my house with the intention of trying to increase my bench.

I like to think i keep a good diet getting plenty of calories and protein/macros throughout the day.

My question is this: if i were to bench everyday, like multiple times a day, would that speed up or slow down the rate at which my bench press goes up?

My reason for asking is I know not getting enough rest is frowned upon by many, but would the sheer volume overcome that and lead to a faster increase in bench?

I obviously want to get my moneys worth as well, but figured id ask for advice.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just make sure you are getting enough rest (sleep and actual resting for recovery) and enough food in, and go for it.

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
I just bought an olympic weight bench and set it up in my house with the intention of trying to increase my bench.

I like to think i keep a good diet getting plenty of calories and protein/macros throughout the day.

My question is this: if i were to bench everyday, like multiple times a day, would that speed up or slow down the rate at which my bench press goes up?

My reason for asking is I know not getting enough rest is frowned upon by many, but would the sheer volume overcome that and lead to a faster increase in bench?

I obviously want to get my moneys worth as well, but figured id ask for advice.
If your looking to increase bench you need to do more than just bench. Some form of 5x5 type programs would be my suggestion for your goal.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
If you want some actual solid programming that you know will work to increase your bench with some heavy volume, look into some Bulgarian powerlifting plans, or some Russian plans, something like Sheiko. You'll probably like those.