Zariph

Awards
Hello

Atm Im doing

Day 1: Back/bi
Day 2: Chest/tri
Day 3: Legs/abs
Day 4: Shoulder/traps

My questions is, most people do 1 day off 4 days on with this split...is it fine to do this routine without an off day? - then when If I feel like itI will take a day off some day...but will it hurt not to have an off day with this split?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Depends on a lot of things. Age and general health characteristics that are specific to you, nutrition, supplements you're taking, PHs/steroids you're taking, intensity of training, etc. Try it and see how you respond.

Zariph

Awards
no ph/steroids, also im not very active during the day, så feel like I get a lot of recovering time really

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Give it a go and if you feel you need a day of rest, take one.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
no ph/steroids, also im not very active during the day, så feel like I get a lot of recovering time really
Well then yep, try it out and see how your body responds. If you're making progress and feel fine, keep running with it; if not, give yourself some days off.

Zariph

Awards
thx guys! will give it a try, IF I were to put in an off day, would it be the best to do

Day 1: Back/bi
Day 2: Chest/tri
Day 3: Legs/abs
Day 4: Shoulder/traps
day 5 OFF?

or woould it be better to do

Day 1: Legs/abs
Day 2: Shoulder/traps
Day 3: Back/bi
Day 4: Chest/tri
Off?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm going to be the counterpoint here - not taking off-days may work, but if you are working REALLY hard in each workout, you will eventually need time to recover. If you can recover fully in 1-2 days, your intensity isn't high. I say 1-2 days because that is the time between leg/back workouts in your setup.

Does this mean it CAN'T work? No. Maybe doing lower intensity more frequently works for you and has a place. Just make sure you are seeing constant and consistent progress.