Best time of the day to hit iron?

Z

Zavijava

Awards
I have read some articles and many of them say that the best time to take carbs is in the beginning of the day. Because of some hormones (?).

So naturally it would be best to train in the morning?

Kind a confusing text coming from me - but am I on the right track?

R

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Mornings may or may not be the clinically Physilogically superior time to train,I don't know, and IMO one's personal sleep, diet and motivational cycles will determine the overall optimum time. I personally hate morning PT, this vampire will never be as strong and intense at the crack of dawn as he would be in the late afternoon or evening, I don't care what the studies would say.

D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Testosterone levels are highest in the morning, but that doesn't really make much of a difference in the long run. There really isn't an optimal time. Its more mental than anything (isn't everything). As the above poster said, hes at his best at night. I like training in the morning.

If there was a time of day that helped build more muscle we'd all know about it and the gym would be packed at that one time. Could you imagine? :lol:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I do it as early as I can because you never know when something might come up later on that day

I

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The past 3 weeks, I've started training mornings before work rather than after work. I really didn't think I'd like it - I'm just not a morning person. After the first couple of workouts, it was easy to get up and get going. Now I'm really starting to like it. My sleep is much better - even though I'm getting up earlier, I sleep better than I did. I'm much hungrier during the day now, so I'm eating more, but making sure it's clean. My mood is increased as well. And I'm breaking plateaus. I never would have thought it would make that much of a difference. Like DieTrying said though, alot of it is mental, but that doesn't diminish the results. I'd say if you have the option, try the opposing time for a couple of weeks just to see if you like it.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
The past 3 weeks, I've started training mornings before work rather than after work. I really didn't think I'd like it - I'm just not a morning person. After the first couple of workouts, it was easy to get up and get going. Now I'm really starting to like it. My sleep is much better - even though I'm getting up earlier, I sleep better than I did. I'm much hungrier during the day now, so I'm eating more, but making sure it's clean. My mood is increased as well. And I'm breaking plateaus. I never would have thought it would make that much of a difference. Like DieTrying said though, alot of it is mental, but that doesn't diminish the results. I'd say if you have the option, try the opposing time for a couple of weeks just to see if you like it.
I might have to try that bro. Ive been a night trainer ever since I started - for me, pounding the iron at 11pm feels really comfortable. I HATE lifting in the mornings but it might be time to do just that.