Body chin-row......wtf is it?

HATE

Awards
I've been training under the Ido Portal method for a short period of time now and have been having positive results. My 3 month membership ended recently and due to lack of money I was unable to pay for another 3 months of coaching. I spent most of the beginning of the program sending in videos assessing what I was ready to do and in the process I learned just how out of shape and dysfunctional I truly was. By the time I received the green light to begin the actual program my coaching came to an end. I was left with a very detailed workout program for the next six weeks and then I'm gonna have to use my imagination from that point on with how I progress the program. I'm pretty confident with everything I've been doing but there is one exercise I'm still unsure of and that would be what is described as the "body chin-rows". Is anyone familiar with this movement? The exercise is described as walking my feet up the door frame where a pull up bar would be located and using that position with my feet high on the door frame with a compressed lower body and while hanging from the bar with a supinated grip. From there it says to perform assisted chin ups which means going all the way up to my neck or chest and then lowering till my elbows lock and then repeat. I am still baffled by the description of this exercise. Is anyone familiar with it? It sounds like a mix of an assisted chin up and an inverted row. I tried looking up videos on youtube but nothing seems to match this exercise. I've been trying it but I still don't think I'm doing it right. I sent videos in to my coach and he wanted me to make sure my feet were on a vertical surface and not resting on an object. I'm stumped. I need help figuring out how to do this so any help would be appreciated.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds weird. Why not just row?