Need advice

F

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Doing stronglifts for about 1.5 months solid arms and legs gaining good I have had to drop weight and have also gains some weight on lifts ... I dropped back weight on rows due to form.. I am bummed watching weight drop off the bat rather than increase and chest isn't gaining much ... Do I stay with it for 6 months and time will show gains or change it up ? Need help

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stick with it. Proper form is important.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would stick with the program. That being said nothing work forever but give it six months and than find another program you like!

F

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
All I have is barbell 300lbs and a bench and squat rack. I love all compound lifts. Just figure I will go to about 75% and got to a 4x10 set for 6 months after this.. Sound safe?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Stick with it. Proper form is important.
bro Jr gave the best advice- stick with it but the most important part of that reply Proper form is important, use a wgt you can handle to keep improving- only thing i can add to set small goals- add 10 llbs every 2 weeks- dont pysch yourself out, dont worry if you dont get 10 reps dont worry about weather. when you walk in, focus on that bar and move the wgt. it will come

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
bro Jr gave the best advice- stick with it but the most important part of that reply Proper form is important, use a wgt you can handle to keep improving- only thing i can add to set small goals- add 10 llbs every 2 weeks- dont pysch yourself out, dont worry if you dont get 10 reps dont worry about weather. when you walk in, focus on that bar and move the wgt. it will come
AMEN !!

F

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Thank you ... Going to dial in diet to cut back on gaining belly fat and hit the weights hard.... Thank you for all the help

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A year ago I had to back down squats because I wasn't hitting proper depth. 320x4 was my max and they were high. A few weeks ago I hit a deep 415x4. The strength will come back no doubt.

F

Firstcycle

Banned
Awards
Well my ankle has flared back up from a bad sprain ...so I have cut out squats but still hitting bench and rows and close grip one day. Then hitting overhead press and dead lift and pull ups the other.... Sound ok ?or advice