Static Holds (planche, levers, L-Sits, Handstand)

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
To those of you that incorporate static holds in your training, how and when do you program them?

Do you do them before your regular training?

How many days per week?

Should I reduce volume of my other lifts?

Anything else someone should know that is considering incorporating these into their trining?

Thanks for any insight or advice!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
They all have their place and as far as how often and how hard it depends on your current routine already. Dont overthink it! At the end of the day CORE work should never be a cause a detriment to your current training. It should compliment and add to it and help keep you safe. Just be smart in your selection depending on what your already training for within the gameplan.

How and when-anytime
before training- No unless its a rehab light day. Focus on your training first
How many days-anytime its only soo terrible
Total Volume- depends in you use weights and are truly that specific within your training. i doubt it matters that far unless your training at an elite level
Just be safe and listen to your body. Theres pushing the envelope and pushing fatigue to the point that your form suffers, and then your reinforcing a bad pattern. Just enjoy it man and the results will compliment you

jaces

jaces

Awards
well if you squat, deadlift and overhead press then your core is doing a lot of work.something you can try is some planks and stretching in the morning or at night.