Muscle cramping all the time

Zariph

Awards
Hello

For some reason I keep getting small musclecramps...for instance if i strech my arm for some time and then pull it back, my triceps kinda cramps...same opposite way with my biceps when having my arm curled for some time...also happens if I lift my hands over my head for some time, then my shoulder kinda cramps when I lower my arms again...

this happens when Im not using any weight...for instance just when lying in my bed...

when I train it doesn't affect me...

could some1 help me why these small cramps occur? and what to do about it

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
How is your fluid intake,

Are you very active?
Have you tried increasing electrolytes?

A supplemental solution I swear by for this is Taurine.

LokoVato

Awards
Most people could really benefit from a magnesium supplement. Magnesium is the key electrolyte in muscle relaxation, and cramping is a sign of inadequate levels.

Do not get Mg Oxide unless you want to get the runs.

Zariph

Awards
thx for the answer...well i get around 1.5 liter a day i guess...and like 5 gram taurine from pre workout...and i eat plenty of protein

Zariph

Awards
im already doing zma and multi every day...still think i shiuld supp som extra mg?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I would drink more if you are active but thats not a necessity per se

I can't see a reason you would get cramping.
Is there a spasm, or is it pain?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Can we get a quick overview of your diet?

Maintenance cals? Fats high enough? Not avoiding sodium or anything restrictive?

Zariph

Awards
Can we get a quick overview of your diet?

Maintenance cals? Fats high enough? Not avoiding sodium or anything restrictive?
its muscle spasm I think...Im not avoiding anything ...cals about 2500 which is aproximately 300 suprplus...trying to go 40/40/20 macro wise...

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I used to get cramps when I stretch. It only happens to me after I take a long break and the lift again.

What supplements are you taking?

Zariph

Awards
I used to get cramps when I stretch. It only happens to me after I take a long break and the lift again.

What supplements are you taking?
hm atm its

Creatine
HMB
Pa (sl granules)
ZMA, multi
Just finished 2 bottles of ABE
Preworkout
BCAA

TheGoodLife35

TheGoodLife35

Awards
Try eating bananas throughout the day as snacks, it helped me a lot as well as I now drink a little over a gallon of Gatorade a day.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
When I have high sodium intake I cramp like a mofo

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest water intake at 2.5L

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Extra Potassium
RDA of calcium
Taurine 5-6g
Up water intake

Zariph

Awards
thx for all the answers guys, the reason I guess is I drink to little..and actually my sodium intake is quite high

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
thx for all the answers guys, the reason I guess is I drink to little..and actually my sodium intake is quite high
I will bet on the sodium

Zariph

Awards
I will bet on the sodium
well didnt now that would affect it..I really havent cared about my sodium intake at all, and I love spicing things up with salt etc...so it must be that ^^ thx a lot

ForceOfNature

Awards
Try eating bananas throughout the day as snacks, it helped me a lot as well as I now drink a little over a gallon of Gatorade a day.
I'm jealous. A gallon of Gatorade a day sounds like my paradise lol.

LokoVato

Awards
I do absolutely think you would benefit from more magnesium. Multi Vitamins usually have a negligible amount of magnesium. ZMA is fantastic, but for you and still experiencing the cramps I would take some mag in the morning too. Maybe consider switching to ZMK. It's a superior formula that uses an "active" form of B-6, and has its minerals in FIVE forms: Citrates, Malate, Fumarate, Succinate, AND Asparatate. If I get cramps I take two of those.

John_T

Awards
I was getting cramps often... I was drinking plenty of water . Added taurine , potassium and magnesium and nothing was helping .. I actually started to add back some sodium and it did the trick .

TheGoodLife35

TheGoodLife35

Awards
I'm jealous. A gallon of Gatorade a day sounds like my paradise lol.
Yea but it's hard to diet on it because of the sugar so I have to balance with cardio. I made a switch from Gatorade to Sunkist
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1449869220.375809.jpg

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use MST Athlytes to prevent cramping.

These help tremendously when on a lower carb diet, or when cutting, which is when I cramp up the most.