Upper Chest Under-developed

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So it seems genetics does not want to let me have that nice squared upper/middle chest. I'm all lower and middle pecs, which have great development by the way. I have all but abandoned flat work. Well not abandoned, but I'd say 75% of my chest movements are the traditional upper chest moves:

Incline BB & DB
Incline DB Flys
Low Pulley Cable Flys
Negative work to try and switch it up

I have made some progress in the last year, but just looking if anyone has any good exercises that are hidden gems for the upper pecs.

Thanks

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You got larger front delts?
Decent front delts. Rear delts and upper chest are my 2 weakest points. But for the sake of the thread I only brought up the one. But yeah, I have good front delts.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
When you do your BB incline make sure to pinch your shoulder blades together and pick your chest up, takes majority of the tension off the delt and places it on the pec. Does your gym have an incline hammer strength style machine?

A variable of fly I really enjoy is sitting on a bench with the back set one notch back from a 90 degree angle from the floor so a very slight incline, do dumbell flys like that palms up, light weight (15-30lb dumbells), focus greatly on the contraction and constant tension, kiss the dumbells together at the top. That has done wonders for building the shelf off my collar bones

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
When you do your BB incline make sure to pinch your shoulder blades together and pick your chest up, takes majority of the tension off the delt and places it on the pec. Does your gym have an incline hammer strength style machine?

A variable of fly I really enjoy is sitting on a bench with the back set one notch back from a 90 degree angle from the floor so a very slight incline, do dumbell flys like that palms up, light weight (15-30lb dumbells), focus greatly on the contraction and constant tension, kiss the dumbells together at the top. That has done wonders for building the shelf off my collar bones
Unfortunately my gym only has a Decline and Wide Grip HS Machine.

I'm pretty good about that form on both flat and incline bench. I will try the reverse grip flys. I do them now with palms facing each other.

Am I correct in saying you are using a high incline? i.e. 1 notch back from a shoulder press?

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
Unfortunately my gym only has a Decline and Wide Grip HS Machine.

I'm pretty good about that form on both flat and incline bench. I will try the reverse grip flys. I do them now with palms facing each other.

Am I correct in saying you are using a high incline? i.e. 1 notch back from a shoulder press?
Yes 1 notch back from shoulder press is good for me. Also research showed that underhand grip flat bench actually greatly stimulated the upper chest, I've tried it and definitely enjoyed it, wouldn't do it with a barbell though for obvious throat crushing reasons