Looking to build muscle help please

littleman6

littleman6

Awards
Hey guys I've been getting back into the gym lately. I've been back for about 2 weeks now. I'm looking to gain weight and build muscle can anyone help me find a good work out for me. I'm 5'11" 156lbs and I'm taking a weight gainer and also a protein shake.

Vector300

Vector300

Awards
Could you give some more information first?

Namely things like:

Time away from training (you said you're getting back into it)

Current program/schedule

Diet/nutrition

Complete list of supplements

BMI (if you know it)

You're training level/aptitude

I think we need a more complete picture of where you're at before any real suggestions can be made.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
^ what he said, get personal with it. All eating habits, macro breakdown. How you train, currently, what you found seemed to work for you in the past, everything

littleman6

littleman6

Awards
Age 24
Time away 2 years
Program strength one week/ hypertension next week rotate each week
Diet 800g carbs, 125g protein, 70g fat
Training level push myself to the limit

littleman6

littleman6

Awards
Supplements
Nurtro bio weight gainer
Basic whey protein

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
You mean hypertrophy? And jeez man 800g carbs what are you eating to get that much? How are you only getting 125g protein when you're doing at least 2 shakes a day? That needs to go up a bit 1-1.5g per lb bodyweight, I like to be on the higher end of that spectrum personally. I'd up the fat as well

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
And to be real if you're pushing yourself to your physical limit, not mental limit, that in itself will be enough to grow with enough protein, fats, and rest.

littleman6

littleman6

Awards
I eat a lot of white rice and beans and I eat about 120 carbs a meal plus a carb shake before working out

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I eat a lot of white rice and beans and I eat about 120 carbs a meal plus a carb shake before working out
For me, beef + white rice = virtually instant weight gain. I don't think you're getting enough protein and fats. I'd switch your weight gainer to muscletech mass-tech I don't think there's quality in nutrabio. And what carb product are you using before the gym?

littleman6

littleman6

Awards
Karbolyn and okay will check out that weight gainer