Maximising Chest gains

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
I've been stuck in same rep range 225 at 10 for little over 6 months. I am not looking for anything too crazy. No 400 pound negatives or quarters at 300. Anyone have a great chest workout that's safe, can be done solo, and is around 70 to 85 of max. Id love to be able to hit 245 for 10 which is my goal.

TheGoodLife35

TheGoodLife35

Awards
Have you tried the strong lifts 5X5 workout? They also have a app. I max at over 400 but bench is my strongest lift. :)

ForceOfNature

Awards
Damn 6 months and not even a rep added?
That's rough. Anyways, you probably been training with the same routine/Rep range too long. I would recommend trying the 3-5 Rep range and pause reps. Pause reps are like a cheat code to breaking strength plateaus. Hope this helps

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
John Medows had several great programs out there! I did his mountain dog program and it really helped a lot with my bench strength!

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
I'll check these out. Pause reps sound good too thanks! Someone at my gym recommended chains. I didn't really like it.

TheGoodLife35

TheGoodLife35

Awards
I'll check these out. Pause reps sound good too thanks! Someone at my gym recommended chains. I didn't really like it.
I started adding in paused reps and so far going so good. I'll keep the thread updated.

nuto23

nuto23

Awards
1. Eat a bit more.
2. Increase the weight on bench press by roughly 10 pounds. You will obviously get less reps. Then Next workout go back to your normal weight and it should feel lighter

TheGoodLife35

TheGoodLife35

Awards
1. Eat a bit more.
2. Increase the weight on bench press by roughly 10 pounds. You will obviously get less reps. Then Next workout go back to your normal weight and it should feel lighter
Like dropped sets

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried adding in some push-ups and dips to increase your functional strength? It may help.