How does this look? Strength for an ectomorph

gynopuff

Awards
I do not go by weekly days it does not make since..... a week is also 7 days thats an odd number why 7? I believe in rotations heres mine as an ectomorph I could not gain ANYTHING no matter how much I eat working out 5 days in a row back to back heres what I learned
1. get in and out of the gym in 35 to 40mins NO LONGER
2. Eat a LOT before the gym
3. NEVER workout more than 2 days in a row
4. No more than 3 sets keep reps to 10 if but go to failuar and when u exceed 10 add more weight (do drop sets)

Day 1. Chest
Incline Bench 3 sets drop sets start heavy go down
Fly Machine (stretches the muscle out for good growth) 3 sets
Cable Crossovers 3 sets hit upper chest
Dips

Day 2. OFF

Day 3. Back
Seated cable row Drop sets 3 sets (Squeeze and hold)
Close grip lat pull down 2 sets
Wide grip lat pull down 3 sets
Reverse fly machine 3 sets
Shrugs 2 sets

Day 4. OFF

Day 5. Arms/Shoulders/Abs/Lower back
Preacher curls (or preacher curl machine) 4 sets
Reverse grip curl bar 2 sets
Hammer curls 2 sets
Dips 2 sets
(whatever else you like to do for tris)
Arnold Press 3 sets
Shoulder Fly's 2 sets
Weighted ab machine 3 sets
Reverse weighted sit ups

Day 6. Legs
Squats or Leg press 4 sets
Calve raise machine 3 sets
Leg extensions 3 sets

Day 7. OFF

Repeat

glosss

glosss

Awards
Why not eat like a horse and train everyday in a rotation.....

gynopuff

Awards
Why not eat like a horse and train everyday in a rotation.....
I eat everyday like a horse a minimum of 4500 cals a day i shoot for 5k and what do you mean train in rotation?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would do flat bench, incline bench and then hit cable crossovers for the drop sets. It's much easier using machines for drop sets and also do them toward the end of your workout not the beginning. Also for chest I would aim for at least 12 sets total. For back I would aim for 16 sets total and get rid of the reverse pec deck that works the rear delts. Save that for shoulder day if you're going to do it. Again drop sets are saved for the end of the workout not the beginning. Arms I would personally do 6-8 sets for biceps and 6-8 sets for triceps since it's a bigger muscle then the biceps it needs more work. For shoulders add in an extra set of shoulder flys and 3 sets of front raises. Legs you aren't even hitting the hamstrings and glutes hardly. Add in 3 sets of Romanian deadlifts and 3 sets of lying leg curls. Also do 4 sets of squats 3-4 sets of leg press 3-4 sets of leg extensions. Calf raise machine I would I stick with 3-4 sets

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
sounds like you are just going to get fat... not muscular.
If you can't eat enough to put on weight than you aren't trying hard enough.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Good lord. In to save the thread.

If you wanna be a strong ecto do 3 sets of 3-5 for bench, squat and deadlift.

Full body 3 times a week.
You should incorporate most
If not all of these lifts (maybe less chest/back/no cleans/jerks/snatches)

Full Body Hypertrophy

Front Squat
C&J
Snatch
10Bench 160x15
10Incline Bench 115x12
5Dips 10x12
5Flys 115x12
10BB Row 135x12
10Chin Up -30x12
5Single DB Row 60x12
10Pulldown x15
15Squat 200x15
15Deadlift 225x15
5Press 85x15
5Face Pull 60x15
5Side Laterals 25x15
5Barbell Curls 45x15
5CGBP 135x15
5Back extension
10SLDL

ForceOfNature

Awards
If you don't wanna train more than 2 days in a row, try a upper body lower body split. That way, you're gonna be hitting each muscle 2 times a week. As for the get out the in under an hour rule, I think it won't make a huge difference. I think this rule was created for ecotomorphs because the longer your in the gym, the more Calories you burn. Just get an effective workout and don't watch the time. 3 sets of 10 is the trend right now but don't be afraid to explore other training methods and Rep ranges, you will be doing yourself a huge favour, trust me. As for exercises, add in more compound work. Deadlift, squats, FLAT bb press, pull ups, bb/dB row and try dB flyes instead of the machine. Also, easy on the dropsets, they take more out of you than you think. Hope this helped.