MI40 thoughts

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Recently started Mi40 and after getting the form down on how he has you lifting the weight I use has dropped SUBSTANTIALLY! I mean I know that the purpose of this program is to contract the target muscle NOT just move weight. I guess my question is: anyone else here use this? and if so how much of a reduction have you seen with your working sets? Again I know its about working the target muscle not lifting wieghts, just feels weird to be using so much less weight and struggling. I have to battle my ego everyday to not just stack a bunch of weight on and move it with normal form,

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pakulski's programs are the best imo. Been through MI40 3x and Mi40x 3 times. Yes it is normal to back down the weight substantially because the tension is being spilled into targeted muscle groups as opposed to your joints, as is the norm for heavy weights. The reduction in weight will be different for everyone. A higher ability to contract a muscle group will probably require a higher reduction in weight used.