What gym do you go to and do you like it?

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
I go to a 24 Hour Fitness near me (best option in my area). I'm not the only one there who trains hard, but I'm the only one I've seen (except for a couple guys who were clearly on juice and trained mainly arms who came in a few times awhile back) who is really into bodybuilding.

I miss the more hardcore gyms I used to go to when I was younger but there aren't any in my area.

Plus, it only has a few hot chicks.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I get to train at the local university. My training partner is the powerlifting coach. I couldn't have found a better place and its free!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1445634082.240571.jpg

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Look at all those sweet powerracks. My gym only has one

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have 2 gyms, both 20 bucks a month.. one basement hole in the wall near my house with great music and equipment, bare bones strength/bodybuilding gym. The other is Mid City Gym in times square in NYC near work.. also a bad ass place, little more refined than my local gym though.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Actually a funny true story that happened about a week ago. There was this ~19 y/o kid doing flat dumbbell presses with the 40s and I was warming up on dumbbell curls on my way to my working set. He was walking around acting like a badass and kind of making people get out of his way as he was stomping from the dumbbell rack area to his bench. Funny thing was after he finished pressing the 40s I grabbed them and started doing my set of curls with them right next to him, which seemed to take the wind of of his sails a bit.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Actually a funny true story that happened about a week ago. There was this ~19 y/o kid doing flat dumbbell presses with the 40s and I was warming up on my way to my working set. He was walking around acting like a badass and kind of making people get out of his way as he was stomping from the dumbbell rack area to his bench. Funny thing was after he finished pressing the 40s I grabbed them and started doing curls with them right next to him, which seemed to take the wind of of his sails a bit.
Same thing happens when I do flys with 50's

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go to 24 hour, but it is unlike any other I've been to. 12 squat racks, dedicated DL and oly lift areas, prowlers and sleds, iron and bumper plates, dbs to 130, etc. The model of corporate gyms imo.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go to 24 hour, but it is unlike any other I've been to. 12 squat racks, dedicated DL and oly lift areas, prowlers and sleds, iron and bumper plates, dbs to 130, etc. The model of corporate gyms imo.
Wow, I left 24 cuz it was dirty and didn't have a lot of equipment.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, ours is unbelievable. Best gym I've been to in 23 years. They even have a area to roll with people training BBJ. I go in sometimes and just work the heavy bag for an hour.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
LA Fitness. It's always ridiculously crowded. Apparently the one I go to is considered to be one of the most crowded gyms in Florida. The 5 pm Rush is more than enough to piss a regular gym goer off. No parking no equipment, Dumbbells strung everywhere. People have to spend 15 minutes locating Dumbbells they want to use. Team bench pressers, team squatters and the guys who use the squat rack for an hour and a half at a time when its rush hour at the gym. No one wipes down equipment or racks their equipment either. It's rare when I see someone rack their stuff. Lol the other day a personal trainer was making out with his client in the corner of the yoga room. Truly a classless, trashy gym. But I can deadlift here. Lifetime Fitness and some of the others don't allow it so I deal with it

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
LA Fitness. It's always ridiculously crowded. Apparently the one I go to is considered to be one of the most crowded gyms in Florida. The 5 pm Rush is more than enough to piss a regular gym goer off. No parking no equipment, Dumbbells strung everywhere. People have to spend 15 minutes locating Dumbbells they want to use. Team bench pressers, team squatters and the guys who use the squat rack for an hour and a half at a time when its rush hour at the gym. No one wipes down equipment or racks their equipment either. It's rare when I see someone rack their stuff. Lol the other day a personal trainer was making out with his client in the corner of the yoga room. Truly a classless, trashy gym. But I can deadlift here. Lifetime Fitness and some of the others don't allow it so I deal with it
Good **** bro. We should do a "craziest things you've ever seen at the gym" thread.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1445662696.189630.jpg

Part of my gym. Moved to this from an LA fitness.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Actually a funny true story that happened about a week ago. There was this ~19 y/o kid doing flat dumbbell presses with the 40s and I was warming up on dumbbell curls on my way to my working set. He was walking around acting like a badass and kind of making people get out of his way as he was stomping from the dumbbell rack area to his bench. Funny thing was after he finished pressing the 40s I grabbed them and started doing my set of curls with them right next to him, which seemed to take the wind of of his sails a bit.
Hoping the 40s were just a warmup set as far as curls go.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Why are you hoping that?
He's ****ing with you. The only guys I see curling more than 40 lb Dumbbells at my gym are fat with muscles or on steroids. Plus, never compare your lifts to someone else's. I swear ego is by far the most detrimental thing to an individual's progression. What's heavy to you is always going to be lighter to someone else. Don't fall into the the trap of letting ego overcome you...that's when injuries happen. I think people really have a tendency to forget their first few months training. WHERE DID YOU START? Looking back none of us knew what the **** we were doing. I mean realistically that kid bench pressing 40 lb Dumbbells needs to start somewhere right? Should we suggest he use weight that he can't lift? What happened to comraderie in the gym....that's something I guess I never lived to see...too young. Now a days the gym is an ego fest. We would rather see our peers fail than succeed. It wasn't always like this

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Oh I know, I was messing with him back ;) With respect to the kid benching the 40s, it was more he needs to learn to respect those around him instead of thinking he's a tough guy for walking around with and pressing 40 lbs. dumbbells. My curl sets helped remind him of that.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
He's ****ing with you. The only guys I see curling more than 40 lb Dumbbells at my gym are fat with muscles or on steroids. Plus, never compare your lifts to someone else's. I swear ego is by far the most detrimental thing to an individual's progression. What's heavy to you is always going to be lighter to someone else. Don't fall into the the trap of letting ego overcome you...that's when injuries happen. I think people really have a tendency to forget their first few months training. WHERE DID YOU START? Looking back none of us knew what the **** we were doing. I mean realistically that kid bench pressing 40 lb Dumbbells needs to start somewhere right? Should we suggest he use weight that he can't lift? What happened to comraderie in the gym....that's something I guess I never lived to see...too young. Now a days the gym is an ego fest. We would rather see our peers fail than succeed. It wasn't always like this
Really? No, I am asking seriously. Because pretty much anyone in semi-decent shape should be able to curl 40s no problem. No need for steroids(or to be FAT with muscles). Plus, I was just busting on Justlooking5 since he was busting on the kid. I try to help the youngsters at my gym especially when they are using bad form that could cause an injury. But, I will also put them in their place if necessary. There was a kid in my gym last week probably 17 or 18. About 6 ft tall maybe 160 lbs tops and after every set of anything he would roll the sleeves up on his t-shirt and strut around with his pythons all jacked up to the width of a bicycle tire tube. I was working chest on the flat bench and could not concentrate because every time he walked by I had to stifle a laugh. So I took him aside and asked him if he wanted to borrow one of my extra shirts because it appeared the sleeves on the one he was wearing were bothering him. He got the point.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I go to the y. It's not fancy but it's got everything I need. Tried our university's gym and I didn't like it. To many punks strutting around with ILS ( imaginary Lat syndrome.)