Needing Routine to lean bulk

ryanhalterman

ryanhalterman

Awards
[My names Ryan and Im about to turn 20.

I got back into lifting about 8 months ago due to a torn labrum the year before that in high school football. I weighed 230 at 20% body fat before i got back into lifting. I am currently 215 at about 16-17% body fat. The workouts I have used the past 8 months have pretty much been basic 4-5 day splits in the 8-10 rep range on my lifts. Im really looking to get my body fat down more and keep my strength.Im not in a hurry to drop fat fast due to wanting my strength to increase. My diet has been pretty good but i recently moved in the past month so I havent been following a diet strictly. I was eating around 200 grams of protein a day. 150 carbs. 40 grams of fat. Im open to alot of options but am getting serious into lifting and wanting to look good and get stronger like everyone else. I currently bench 285, squat 405, not sure on deadlift. My workouts havent really incorporated them but i miss doin them. Any recommendations on supplements would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks for taking time to read my post. All help is greatly appreciated[/B]

CrazeInsanity

Awards
I'm currently following a power bodybuilding type workout routine. Working pretty good, added 15 lbs to my bench in about 2 weeks and my back got slightly wider. As far as supplements maybe whey protein and pre workout if you need it. Been hearing some good things about ZMA lately. eaa/bcaa, fish oil, multi vitamins and creatine if your not afraid to look a bit less dry. Just pick what you need.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Personally PHAT has been my go to routine. I've run it both as a modified 6 day version while bulking and the standard 5 day version while cutting. It's very versatile and had seen me to the best gains and fat loss/maintenance of my life.

As far as supps, my number one stack is Xgels and anabeta elite. Cut bulk or recomp this stuff keeps you full and increases strength noticeably. Only thing I've ever used that's even near a ph or sarm(obviously not the same , though this is actually better than some sarms I've used, but results are incredibly impressive for a completely natty stack).

ryanhalterman

ryanhalterman

Awards
Okay thanks man. Ive mainly just used pre workout and whey protein. Pretty much just been losing fat and maintaining my strength. Looking forward to trying it out

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Okay thanks man. Ive mainly just used pre workout and whey protein. Pretty much just been losing fat and maintaining my strength. Looking forward to trying it out
For strictly fat loss, pes shift (new) is bomb. It's the only thing that's ever suppressed my appetite and I respond well to forskolin anyways.

If you need help I have templates for the phat layouts I designed that a few guys around here are running and seeing good results as well.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Personally PHAT has been my go to routine. I've run it both as a modified 6 day version while bulking and the standard 5 day version while cutting. It's very versatile and had seen me to the best gains and fat loss/maintenance of my life.

As far as supps, my number one stack is Xgels and anabeta elite. Cut bulk or recomp this stuff keeps you full and increases strength noticeably. Only thing I've ever used that's even near a ph or sarm(obviously not the same , though this is actually better than some sarms I've used, but results are incredibly impressive for a completely natty stack).
Xgels and Anabeta elite you say, i may have to try that stack out in the future, run it for 8 weeks?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Xgels and Anabeta elite you say, i may have to try that stack out in the future, run it for 8 weeks?
Yes sir. It's easily my favorite supp stack. The amount I have stocked up is borderline obsessive ha

ryanhalterman

ryanhalterman

Awards
Yeah could you send me over a template for the 5 day PHAT? Thanks bro

ryanhalterman

ryanhalterman

Awards
Yeah could you send me over templates for the 5 day PHAT? Thanks bro

white_lie

Awards
  • Established
Google man...
PHAT has been around for a while and you shouldn't have a problem finding the template, its everywhere....because it works.
Layne Norton has just done another one called PH3 that would possibly be worth looking at as well but is more strength based.

Otherwise look to something like the cube method which is still strength based but you'll only weight train 3-4 days per week. That will then free up some time for cardio on rest days if that's how you'd prefer to work things.

ryanhalterman

ryanhalterman

Awards
Yes sir. It's easily my favorite supp stack. The amount I have stocked up is borderline obsessive ha
I sent you one and what do you do for dosing on running the xgels with ABE. And Alcar? Also would I need a joint supp for that?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I sent you one and what do you do for dosing on running the xgels with ABE. And Alcar? Also would I need a joint supp for that?
Got it. I'll fwd it in the morning when I get on my computer.

Dosing is usually 2caps Abe pre workout with 4-6xgels and 2 caps with pwo or first meal after.

Joint supps aren't the best with ara supps as they can interfere so I would only use one of you absolutely need it. Many don't have any joint issues (I personally don't) while using. If you do need it, dose it as far away from your ara dose as possible. For example of you workout at 5p and take ara at 4:15p, dose your joint supp when you wake up or right before bed.

ryanhalterman

ryanhalterman

Awards
Got it. I'll fwd it in the morning when I get on my computer.

Dosing is usually 2caps Abe pre workout with 4-6xgels and 2 caps with pwo or first meal after.

Joint supps aren't the best with ara supps as they can interfere so I would only use one of you absolutely need it. Many don't have any joint issues (I personally don't) while using. If you do need it, dose it as far away from your ara dose as possible. For example of you workout at 5p and take ara at 4:15p, dose your joint supp when you wake up or right before bed.
Awesome. Thanks man.